Search

Don't forget to vote in the Freddies!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:01 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Don't forget to vote in the Freddies!

Voting for the Freddie Awards has begun. It ends February 28. Vote here.

As Gary Leff explains,
If you actually want a program to win in the category you’re selecting it for, a value vote of ‘10′ is the logical choice. Perversely, if you want a program to do badly then it makes sense to vote for the program as the ‘winner’ in the relevant category and assign it a low value vote.
(Winning scores tend to be above 9.0, meaning that any vote other than a 10 decreases the program's chances of winning.)

So, for example, if Southwest is your favorite FF program, you probably ought to rate it a 10. If you are upset with no-notice changes by Choice Privileges, you might consider rating it a 5 or 6. (If I were designing the vote tabulation program I'd probably set it to disregard any vote below 5, but I have no idea how it actually works.)

Naturally if you have other programs that are your favorites, vote for them! As for me, I would have given a big thumbs up to Hyatt for offering the amazing deal of a to-die-for Regency Club room directly on the beach in Cancun for a mere 10k points per night, including all-day access to the RC lounge. The only problem is that the Hyatt Regency Cancun is no longer a Hyatt as of several days ago. Several months ago my other favorite hotel redemption effectively died when the Hilton Waikoloa Village closed its lounges, firing the superb lounge staff and offering only a "plated breakfast" option to Gold and Diamond members. I hate it when my favorite redemption deals die like that.

By default, the only hotel program that I have any interest in these days is Choice Privileges, and I am going to send them a message about no-notice changes. The current 20,009 point luxury hotel promotion is interesting, but I'll keep it simple and redeem for RR points without waiting too long in case of another no-notice change.

One other point. This may be your last opportunity to vote for Rapid Rewards as we know it. I expect to see Rapid Rewards 2.0 by the end of 2009, and I expect that many of you won't like it nearly as much. A high vote for Rapid Rewards this year will set a suitable benchmark for the new program to try to match.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 6:32 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Bump.

3 days left to vote!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.