On-Duty Air Marshal Arrested on WN Flight

Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:23 am
Original Poster

On-Duty Air Marshal Arrested on WN Flight

Snapping Upskirt Pictures on WN 3132:

Adam Bartsch, 28, admitted he had taken pictures and was charged with disorderly conduct, according to an arrest affidavit. Bond was set at $10,000 and he was released.

Bartsch could not be reached for comment.

The affidavit said a witness grabbed the cell phone from Bartsch and told the flight crew that he was taking photographs "beneath the dresses and or skirts of female passengers."

Airport police were notified and Bartsch was removed from the Southwest Airlines flight to Tampa, Florida, from Nashville International Airport. He was then turned over to Nashville police, the affidavit said.

His court appearance was set for November 14.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Glad to know that Homeland Security only hires the best marshals with years of experience and the utmost in scruples, lest they get blackmailed.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
The country is in the very best of hands.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:03 pm

I'm glad he didn't aim his gun (taser) at that passenger.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
The country is in the very best of hands.
I hope the country was the only thing in his hands
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Classy guy
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sillypainter
I'm glad he didn't aim his gun (taser) at that passenger.
They don't carry Tasers, they carry Sig Sauer .357s. The passenger who grabbed his phone is perhaps very lucky that the air marshall wasn't completely un-hinged. I can just read the post-mortem: "Passenger assaulted Air Marshall, AM feared for his life, fired several rounds, neutralizing the threat."
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by FWAAA
They don't carry Tasers, they carry Sig Sauer .357s. The passenger who grabbed his phone is perhaps very lucky that the air marshall wasn't completely un-hinged. I can just read the post-mortem: "Passenger assaulted Air Marshall, AM feared for his life, fired several rounds, neutralizing the threat."
That was my first thought as well when I heard this on the news, didn't realize it was on WN till I saw this thread. The passenger is lucky this did not get turned on him.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A+, CP, Amex Plat (and all that comes with it)
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Not to defend the creepy air marshal, but there's a huge leap from pervert to murderer.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
When I first heard this story, I picked up the last few minutes of it and didn't even hear that the perp was a FAM. Whole 'nothre level of creepy.

Originally Posted by redchilly
Not to defend the creepy air marshal, but there's a huge leap from pervert to murderer.
When I heard that the perp was a FAM, my first thought was that the pax who seized he phone was lucky that the FAM didn't simply grab it back, zip tie the pax's hands, and claim that the pax assaulted him and tried to steal his phone - meanwhile, he'd have enough time to delete the incriminating pics before landing, so the pax would wind up in jail, and the FAM would wind up getting off scott-free.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: WN-CP,A-list; Hyatt Globalist; HH Gold; Hertz 5 Star; Delta
I have to assume this was not what was meant when he was given instructions to "keep an eye on the passengers."
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by WillCAD
When I heard that the perp was a FAM, my first thought was that the pax who seized he phone was lucky that the FAM didn't simply grab it back, zip tie the pax's hands, and claim that the pax assaulted him and tried to steal his phone - meanwhile, he'd have enough time to delete the incriminating pics before landing, so the pax would wind up in jail, and the FAM would wind up getting off scott-free.
That's the most ridiculous part of this story! First, he's a pervert. Then he can't figure out how to abuse his "powers" and save himself? Just what kind of 27 year old morons are they hiring to "protect" the rest of the plane?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
FAM don't work alone.

I wonder what the other FAM was doing on this flight.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Not only is this guy a putz, he's married, and now everyone in the UK knows about him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-skirts.html

I am still trying to figure out how he took 10-12 such photos. Either he was lying down/crouching, or he's got arms like an orangutan.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Oct 19, 2013 at 10:41 am
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I can't remember the last time I saw a skirt or dress on a WN flight recently... Must be flying the wrong routes...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.