Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's next? No more peanuts?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrMan
Did you ask the FA why? Why create drama and infer no more peanuts without asking a simple question?
Wow, sure didn't mean to create drama for you by my inference. PM me your address and I'll send you some peanuts.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:48 pm

Send them to me! I'll count them!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runnigel
Send them to me! I'll count them!
Now that's funny! Post of the day in this forum.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Heading off topic, but "no bag fees" really means the bag fees are just included in the fares, which are increasingly non-competitive. "No change fees" is still a big winner, even with the increased limitations on using TTFs.
I disagree with the bag fees. Anytime I've flown Southwest, the fare that I booked was the cheapest available compared to other airlines that charge additional bag fees. I admit that I typically have the luxury of choosing my travel dates to match up with Southwest's fare sales, while most business travelers do not have that luxury.

This article provides some interesting insight into the idea of allowing passengers to check bags for free.

To get back on topic, I prefer honey roasted peanuts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I would expect the free booze to go

The way things are going with SW and their determiniation to give as few coupons as they can I would not be suprised if they can them altogether
to save even more $money$ in the next few years. Ticket exchange fees
will trickle in as well starting with a small fee of some kind.
My travel with SW is already off about 75% due to RR2.0.
They aparently feel loyality to the airline is now firmly rooted.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sanFF
They aparently feel loyality to the airline is now firmly rooted.
How could you not be loyal to an airline that offered the choice of honey roasted or salted peanuts AND pretzels all on the same flight this morning? That's going the extra mile for your customers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:42 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Heading off topic, but "no bag fees" really means the bag fees are just included in the fares, which are increasingly non-competitive. "No change fees" is still a big winner, even with the increased limitations on using TTFs.
"No change fees" also results in a higher fare. People like me who irrationally avoid fees prefer it this way. In effect we are buying (with a slightly higher fare) insurance against having to pay a change fee.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
No change fees just result in having to pay an arm and a leg for standby. If you want to make a same day change you have to buy up to full fare which if you purchased an advance purchase WGA fare on sale the buyup could be 300 dollars or more.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List+and CP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
No change fees just result in having to pay an arm and a leg for standby. If you want to make a same day change you have to buy up to full fare which if you purchased an advance purchase WGA fare on sale the buyup could be 300 dollars or more.
If you think there is any chance you may miss one flight and have to take a later one, or a flight the next day, when making your reservations, book both flights as WGA fares. Then, on the day of the first flight, when you know you are or are not going to make it, cancel the one you are not going to use, and use the dollars later. Saves you money over having to get last minute anytime fare. Kind of sucks for Southwest and potential other passengers, but that is the beauty of the no change fee/ no cancellation fee policy.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Svegas
If you think there is any chance you may miss one flight and have to take a later one, or a flight the next day, when making your reservations, book both flights as WGA fares. Then, on the day of the first flight, when you know you are or are not going to make it, cancel the one you are not going to use, and use the dollars later. Saves you money over having to get last minute anytime fare. Kind of sucks for Southwest and potential other passengers, but that is the beauty of the no change fee/ no cancellation fee policy.
I believe speculative bookings are against Southwest policy. I haven't heard of it happening, but it's possible that repeated violations could be subject to repercussions.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:07 pm

I believe speculative bookings are against Southwest policy. I haven't heard of it happening, but it's possible that repeated violations could be subject to repercussions.
This happened to me by accident. I had booked a flight over Christmas as soon as the schedule opened up for the whole family. I changed my mind about the return time and rebooked all parties for the new flight and cancelled the old ones, or so I thought. My original ticket was never cancelled. About a month prior, I got a random email for a flight cancellation. Fortunately, it was for the correct flight. They just randomly cancelled one of them, so I would be careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.