Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems with June 15, 2010 schedule extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP

Darn...keep getting an error that it is too far in the future (for December?)

Last edited by curbcrusher; Jun 16, 2010 at 8:58 am Reason: Moved posts about problems with schedule extension into separate thread
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:36 am

Great, I booked my outbound award; at one point for the return they were back to ending 11/5, then I could select a Jan. date and got a "too early" message, then finally got it to work. Since I start work at 10.30 today it was complicating the decision of when to leave for work; it's nice that it was up this early and I could do it all from home.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Yes all booked, but some fares were already sold out which I think is an error.

Lisa
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Website keeps bombing out on me. Get an error message like this...

What happened?
Currently unable to get itinerary information.

What you need to do:
Please try again later.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Website keeps bombing out on me. Get an error message like this...

What happened?
Currently unable to get itinerary information.

What you need to do:
Please try again later.
same here...
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:51 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Apart from big events like the $30/$60/$90 sale, June schedule opening day is the most demanding on the systems. There tend to be a variety of weird and seemingly random errors. I've had several problems, including a general error just trying to view fares for a particular market (both the calendar and date-specific).

SWAVictor as of a moment ago someone had forgotten to update the date picker on the home page (the one on the flight page was updated).
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:52 am

I get:

Oops!

* We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
* Reference code: SW900000-xlssvc01-938691449 Occurred on: 06/15/2010 09:49:45
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by ftnoob
Apart from big events like the $30/$60/$90 sale, June schedule opening day is the most demanding on the systems. There tend to be a variety of weird and seemingly random errors. I've had several problems, including a general error just trying to view fares for a particular market (both the calendar and date-specific).

SWAVictor as of a moment ago someone had forgotten to update the date picker on the home page (the one on the flight page was updated).
....guess it makes sense with people booking thanksgiving and christmas...
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:53 am

not the best schedule release ever.
I had everything entered - BUF to FLL.
Prices were up almost 100% over last year but still willing to book
Entered all the data for a family of 4, put in credit card info and system crashed.
Tried calling - obviously can't get through.
Not Southwest's best day
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:54 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
First I got Undefined Error on the final page, then "Currently unable to get itinerary information." when I tried to start over, even logging in again and even firing up a different browser. Lame.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:58 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I liked it better when only FTers knew about the extension. Now that everybody knows, the load makes the system unusable.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Aarrgh...got my flights selected...but now this error.

What happened?
We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error.

What you need to do:
If this is the first time you have received this message, please try again. If you have received this message more than once, a Southwest Airlines Reservations Sales Agent may be able to assist you with your reservation request. However, please note that some fares, offers, and functionality are only available through our website. Southwest Airlines Reservations: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:01 am

Total meltdown...far worse than merely lame.

Luckily I had just two one way award flights to book for Mrs. fnoob and got those done before word spread too far that booking was available.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by LoneStarMike
I get:

Oops!

* We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
* Reference code: SW900000-xlssvc01-938691449 Occurred on: 06/15/2010 09:49:45
I got through ~30 minutes ago (& successfully booked award tix at Christmas time), then had to call to separate an old reservation for two. Afterward, I tried to go back online and got the same message as LSM above.

PS - I just went back & got a somewhat different message:

OOPS! # This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.
# Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
# If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:03 am

This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.