Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Double Credit promo thru Oct 31

https://www.southwest.com/rapid_rewa...otions.html#rr

Surprised noone posted this.

Good for bookings/travel : Sept 17 - Oct 31
1 add'l credit per flight.

It's not a true "double credits" promo, since BS fares will only get 1 add'l and not 2 add'l credits.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I can't justify replacing my $30 bookings with $49 or higher fares, but this will be great for any flights that I have to book on short notice. Thanks for posting it!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: PC, WN, AA
The burning question: Is this stackable with the LGA double credit promo running through 10/31? With one bonus credit per segment per promotion, that could mean six credits for a roundtrip to LGA.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:38 am

Does reservation booked prior to today qualify for the bonus credit?

Originally Posted by izzik
https://www.southwest.com/rapid_rewa...otions.html#rr

Surprised noone posted this.

Good for bookings/travel : Sept 17 - Oct 31
1 add'l credit per flight.

It's not a true "double credits" promo, since BS fares will only get 1 add'l and not 2 add'l credits.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
Trouble registering

I am having trouble registering for this promotion. It keeps saying my name does not match my account number. I've tried several times with the same result. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qiangqiang
I don't think so, since it clearly states that it applies to bookings on/after sept 17.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Speechlady
I am having trouble registering for this promotion. It keeps saying my name does not match my account number. I've tried several times with the same result. Anyone else having this problem?
no problems here w/registering.

what is your first name on your acct?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: PC, WN, AA
I successfully registered a few minutes ago.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:57 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
The burning question: Is this stackable with the LGA double credit promo running through 10/31? With one bonus credit per segment per promotion, that could mean six credits for a roundtrip to LGA.
Yes! This promotion is stackable with the LGA promotion!

No. Per the rules:
  • Member must register for this promotion between September 17 and October 31, 2009 to qualify and registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel.
  • Reservations must be booked between September 17 and October 31, 2009.
  • Your travel must be completed between September 17 and October 31, 2009.

Trouble registering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you registering by logging into your account, then clicking "Promotions" on the left side of the screen, and then clicking on the link to register?

If not, give that a try because then your name and number is all done behind the scenes.

If you are already trying that way - send me a PM with your RR number and we'll see what we can find out.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:17 am

Is this promo valid for travel booked on http://www.southwestvacations.com/ ?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
Swa victor--

Thanks for your suggestion. I had originally been trying via the log-in on the Southwest Home Page. It continually rejected my attempts with the following:
"What Happened--The Rapid Reward account number entered does not match the member name on file.
What you need to do--Please make sure you have accurately entered your name and account number"

When I went into my account on SWABIZ as you suggested, went to the promotions area, and registered it said:
"Error-
What Happened--The Rapid Reward Number entered has already been registered for this promotion.
What you need to do--Nothing else needs to be done to enroll for this promotion"

So, I've printed the page and feel I'm good to go. Just wondering why the home page log-in kept rejecting my attempts while it appears it must have registered me behind the scenes.

Would appreciate your insight. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:05 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
Per the rules:
  • Member must register for this promotion between September 17 and October 31, 2009 to qualify and registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel.
  • Reservations must be booked between September 17 and October 31, 2009.
  • Your travel must be completed between September 17 and October 31, 2009.
With all due respect, this is FT. We want to know if it will work, not what the rules say.

Don't worry, I understand that if the two didn't match you wouldn't be allowed to tell us. We'll find out afterward.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: WN UA
Signed up

I registered for the promotion today, in fact I signed up twice. The second time, I was told I was already signed up.

I then booked a flight in October. The travel could have been deferred, but given the promo, I am taking it then.

Shows you need to keep you eyes open on the WN offers.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:07 pm

I made a booking yesterday where I have second thoughts ("Surprised at extra taxes..." thread). So I understand that I can register for the promo, cancel that booking, and make a new booking with those funds and get that bonus. Also that thread shows that I appear to have been burned by booking the trip as one-ways, and I may book it as a round-trip this time. If I do that and a Ding shows up that's good for the return, can I replace only the return with the Ding?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:24 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Thanks for your suggestion. I had originally been trying via the log-in on the Southwest Home Page. It continually rejected my attempts with the following:
"What Happened--The Rapid Reward account number entered does not match the member name on file.
What you need to do--Please make sure you have accurately entered your name and account number"

When I went into my account on SWABIZ as you suggested, went to the promotions area, and registered it said:
"Error-
What Happened--The Rapid Reward Number entered has already been registered for this promotion.
What you need to do--Nothing else needs to be done to enroll for this promotion"

So, I've printed the page and feel I'm good to go. Just wondering why the home page log-in kept rejecting my attempts while it appears it must have registered me behind the scenes.

Would appreciate your insight. Thanks in advance
Hmmm . . not sure what happened there . . but if you PM me with your RR# I'll be happy to make sure that you are indeed enrolled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.