MHT-BOS van service

Old Dec 12, 2008, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Question MHT-BOS van service

I'll be flying into MHT and then wanting to take the van to BOS airport to meet someone arriving there. I have the link to www.flightlineinc.com , where it doesn't make it that easy to find the service between the two airports. Click on either airport logo, then either state, then the tricky thing is to click "Park & Ride." Then click on the MHT airport logo on the map, and there's a page with information on scheduled inter-airport transportation saying "No Reservations Required!!" but a link to make online reservations, which again require selecting Logan from the "Park & Ride" menu. Would I be advised to make reservations for midday Dec. 18? Reservations require making a credit card payment and they want a tip added then, which I feel odd about doing with no idea how the service is.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
rove312, I use FlightLine frequently, and have the same issues as you with their website. Here's the page I have bookmarked:

http://www.flightlineinc.com/mhtsullivansquare.html

I would make a reservation to assure that they turn up. Will you and your contact be making your way into town? If so...

Basically, it's $50 (last I checked) to go between MHT and BOS Logan o/w, and $19 to go between MHT and the Sullivan Square "T" subway station. If you don't want to ride the "T" ($2 to anywhere, and safe) there are taxis at Sullivan Square (late at night, the FlightLine driver will call for one). A cab into town is much cheaper from there than from Logan because it's a little closer, and you don't have to pay the airport pickup fee and the tunnel toll, which are significant (and will be more significant in a few months - but that's for us to worry about).

You've already got your ticket, but if there's a next time, be aware that the bus service from PVD airport to South (train/subway) Station in Boston has restarted, and it costs $40 RT. The same bus line charges $34 PVD-BOS Logan, o/w. There has always been the shuttle between PVD and the Providence train/commuter rail station and then the train up, but it was a lot less convenient than the MHT shuttle. I only mention this because sometimes it's cheaper to fly to PVD than MHT.

http://www.peterpanbus.com/tickets/s...-and-fares.php
Old Dec 13, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I took the flightline shuttle MHT-sullivan Station and it was great.

Picks u up at MHT and then just takes you to Sullivan Station where it is a short T ride to downtown and or BOS. Total cost probably 19+2 = 22 ish.

They may ask for tip in the online reservation system but I remember you can just put down $0. I like to give my tip in cash anyway so I know that the drivers are getting their full share.

I do remember the website as not as intuitive but basically it is booking from MHT to Sullivan station or vice versa.

Let us know if u are still having trouble.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. The plan is actually to spend the night at the Logan Airport Hilton, after family member's late flight arrival, before taking another bus to Vermont in the morning. I'm thinking the MHT-BOS bus makes the most sense, and I see the cost for one at $29. My flight is an award that could actually be changed to PVD, but arrival there would be two hours later than MHT (the place I'm used to with Vermont family home), so the MHT itin. gives me more time to go into Boston to spend time before the flight I'm meeting. My quick look had said the transport options from PVD weren't so good, so it's good to know about this.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by rove312
Thanks. The plan is actually to spend the night at the Logan Airport Hilton, after family member's late flight arrival, before taking another bus to Vermont in the morning. I'm thinking the MHT-BOS bus makes the most sense, and I see the cost for one at $29. My flight is an award that could actually be changed to PVD, but arrival there would be two hours later than MHT (the place I'm used to with Vermont family home), so the MHT itin. gives me more time to go into Boston to spend time before the flight I'm meeting. My quick look had said the transport options from PVD weren't so good, so it's good to know about this.
I'm sincerely hoping in the next couple of years transportation out of PVD will improve.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dwebb
I'm sincerely hoping in the next couple of years transportation out of PVD will improve.
They are currently building a transportation center right near PVD that will have a parking garage, car rental, and 8 weekday MBTA commuter rail trains will service the station going to Boston South Station. Amtrak wont service the station initally. Scheduled to be completed in 2010. Heres all the info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._F._G...(MBTA_station)
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by ktremor
They are currently building a transportation center right near PVD that will have a parking garage, car rental, and 8 weekday MBTA commuter rail trains will service the station going to Boston South Station. Amtrak wont service the station initally. Scheduled to be completed in 2010. Heres all the info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._F._G...(MBTA_station)
That's what I meant by hoping it will improve. But yeah, last time I was at PVD (couple weeks ago) progress seems good. Still don't think 8 trains is enough though.

I'm hoping the train station can be used to attract some new service.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 4:59 pm

it sure was nice when MHT ran a free shuttle
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by rove312
The plan is actually to spend the night at the Logan Airport Hilton, after family member's late flight arrival, before taking another bus to Vermont in the morning.
You're going to land at MHT, take a bus to Boston Logan, stay in the Hilton overnight, then turn around and take another bus back the way you came and on to Vermont? Isn't that a lot of redundant miles? You know you can take a Greyhound direct from MHT or Concord NH on up to White River or Burlington?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Yes, certainly, but I arranged this to have a joint arrival with the family member arriving in BOS and give me a visit to Boston, even if it's just a few hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.