Wiki Posts
Search

PHL "runway closing"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2008, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
PHL "runway closing"

Booked on #909 PHL-BNA @ 6:05. GA: "runway shut down due to emergency landing by another airline". New departure time: ???

Apparently our plane diverted to BWI. anyone have 411? (on iPhone sorry for typos)
Old Dec 14, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: SWA RR
A US Airways Express Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ200) was forced to make an emergency landing after the plane's left landing gear would not descend.

No injuries or fatalities.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...rnational.html.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6555436
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Booked on #909 PHL-BNA @ 6:05. GA: "runway shut down due to emergency landing by another airline". New departure time: ???

Apparently our plane diverted to BWI. anyone have 411? (on iPhone sorry for typos)
They have a ground delay program out (27L still closed) and the departure point delays going to PHL are *averaging* about 3 hours, so your actual delay may be less, or more...

The first of those two links refer to it (repeatedly) as a "crash landing", while the second one more correctly mentions an "emergency" landing.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:19 am

Angry

Isn't this the second time this has happened with US Airways equipment in the last few months? What a pain.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
here's the really scary thing (from the abc article)

"The Philadelphia Fire Department tells Action News that two planes immediately before this plane had the same problem, but were able to get their landing gear down. "
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
here's the really scary thing (from the abc article)

"The Philadelphia Fire Department tells Action News that two planes immediately before this plane had the same problem, but were able to get their landing gear down. "
I'm not stat guy, but I'd think that the odds of 3 aircraft all having gear problems were one in another number that had a boat load of zeros in it. More likely that the someone involved misinterpreted along the line.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by OPNLguy
I'm not stat guy, but I'd think that the odds of 3 aircraft all having gear problems were one in another number that had a boat load of zeros in it. More likely that the someone involved misinterpreted along the line.
Either that or it was a vast right (or left?) wing conspiracy!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.