Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Business Select equals First Class/Elite Status equals TSA line cutting, where?

Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP

While stuck in a very long line yesterday in DEN bringing me to seconds of the ten minute rule and a miserable seat despite getting A30, I noticed a long list of airlines and their elite programs and ticket types that qualified for a special line to cut the normal TSA queue that cost me 45 minutes. Under Southwest was "Business Select".

I'd gladly pay for BS every time if this is the case consistently. Anybody know what other stations offer this perk? Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: WN CP
PHX.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:00 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
If you fly out of airports with Clear, it's well worth the money (DEN for example).

Shameless plug: If you can't get it for free through Hyatt, Marriott, or some other promotion, I'd be happy to refer you so I can get a month free added to my membership.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:07 pm

I don't know... The idea of giving all of that information voluntarily for Clear scares me. A few weeks ago a laptop full of customer information was stolen from SFO.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:27 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JohnDunn
A few weeks ago a laptop full of customer information was stolen from SFO.
Over a month ago a laptop with some customer information was misplaced and later found. No imformation was compromised.

I understand some folks don't like the idea of giving them so much information ... personally, I don't worry about it ... my information is already out there in the hands of all sorts of people.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Beckles
Over a month ago a laptop with some customer information was misplaced and later found. No imformation was compromised.

I understand some folks don't like the idea of giving them so much information ... personally, I don't worry about it ... my information is already out there in the hands of all sorts of people.

You mean like this kind of informations of yours:

Programs: WN CP & A-List, UA 2P, NW Silver, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hertz PC

Sorry. LOL
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by Beckles

Part of the Clear fee is for TSA vetting, like same info on passport. Clear Card makes more sense than a BS fare on WN anyday. Used in DEN yesterday and is much better deal than elite line.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by loboclone
Part of the Clear fee is for TSA vetting,
The TSA eliminated the vetting fee, so the entire balance of the $128 now goes to Clear.

Personally, I've resigned to the fact that privacy is dead to start with. Someone barely out of high school with a little bit of cash and a few resources can obtain pretty much all the information that Clear asks for, so it doesn't hurt my feelings too much to give it up voluntarily.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:13 pm

It really depends where your regular travels take you.

PHX BS fares get to cut and there is no clear over at the US/SW gates.

Denver has clear and BS.

SJC has clear not sure about BS never take LUV there

LAX no preffered line havent seen clear unless its in a different area.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: SWA RR
I think SEA does.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP
Thanks all. I did see a large lady hawking CLEAR brochures in DEN Thursday at the waiting passengers while the line snaked endlessly around but no takers. The "First Class" line looked shorter and had a dedicated security lane.

WN should really promote and list these stations on their web site as an added BS benefit. When you are already checked in and stuck in the human traffic jam, its a little too late to discover this option. I was tempted to leave and buy a BS fare and in retrospect, I should have done so.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: 1K no more
Looked and couldn't find it...what is CLEAR, anyway...I usually travel intl so would it apply to me?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by trflyer
Looked and couldn't find it...what is CLEAR, anyway...I usually travel intl so would it apply to me?

Clear is a registered traveler program available at some airports. You can find a list here to see if it is of any use for you.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:41 am

PDX, in late June, still had the "priority" TSA line which included holders of plain old RR cards (you had to have the RR card, though, a Platinum SWA Visa card didn't do it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.