Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 5:25 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by borisbear
Using PC950902 also got me an additional $20 off the rental I had in IAH last week. (i.e. over and above the 10% discount or whatever, and the 2.0 credits).
Was the $20 off noted in the reservation's estimated costs or was it a complete surprise? How long was the rental?

I tried changing one of my weekend reservations to get the $20 to show up but it didn't. Are you sure you really used 950902 and not some other coupon?
Old Jun 1, 2004, 5:42 pm

Programs: CO-GLD;HH-GLD;UA-1P;F9 QuickAscent;FL Courtesy Elite
It was a surprise I only noticed after getting onto the shuttlebus and glancing at my receipt. I don't recall seeing it in the reservation. I got the 2.0 credits, and I'm pretty sure it was 950902. I'll have to check when I am back in my office tomorrow.

Haven't seen the credit yet at WN's website, but it's only been a few days

Originally Posted by jmw
Was the $20 off noted in the reservation's estimated costs or was it a complete surprise? How long was the rental?

I tried changing one of my weekend reservations to get the $20 to show up but it didn't. Are you sure you really used 950902 and not some other coupon?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 8:38 am

To follow up on my previous post, I checked my rental receipt and it has the following lines in the receipt:

3 days @ 44.99 134.97
Promo 950902 -20.00
Discount 10% -11.50
Subtotal 103.47
and then a bunch of stuff about all the airport fees, etc.

Presumably the 10% discount is the regular CDP-based discount using the WN CDP. The $20 was a surprise.

Interestingly, the PC# doesn't seem to show up on the receipt you take off the #1Gold website, only on the "cash register receipt" from the express return. THe #1Gold receipt just shows "Adjustment $20.00" instead.

Last edited by borisbear; Jun 2, 2004 at 8:42 am Reason: add one other fact
Old Jun 2, 2004, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Fire_Fly
Where did you see this code? I may use it in Hawaii next month, as I'm sure gas is something like $2.50+ per gallon. Is it valid in Hawaii?

....Never Mind - It would help if I could read It's on the Spring Rapid Report and looks like I'm good to go for Hawaii -- I also checked the gas prices in Kauai and the lowest prices seem to be ~$2.35, so the tank of gas is worth more than an extra credit, IMO.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Mr. July!

Fire_Fly
You might want to check on this. I'm not sure SW promotions are eligible in Hawaii as they don't fly there. We were there in April, forgot whether we had Budget or Dollar but when we tried to give our SW # for the half a credit they said they don't partner with SW there since SW doesn't fly into Hawaii. Had no problem getting AA miles. It may not be a problem with Hertz but I would check before I paid a higher rate expecting to get the bonuses.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiBound
You might want to check on this. I'm not sure SW promotions are eligible in Hawaii as they don't fly there. We were there in April, forgot whether we had Budget or Dollar but when we tried to give our SW # for the half a credit they said they don't partner with SW there since SW doesn't fly into Hawaii. Had no problem getting AA miles. It may not be a problem with Hertz but I would check before I paid a higher rate expecting to get the bonuses.
When I was in Hawaii 2 months ago, Alamo gave me SWA credit (in OGG) but Budget would not give me SWA credit (in HNL). It is really annoying because Budget only gives SWA credit at "participating locations". How are you supposed to know what a "participating location" is if Budget doesn't list them or alert you when you reserve the dumb car on the Net. Are you supposed to call up Budget to check every single time? I factor the SWA credit into my purchase price when I rent a car. I only rented the car for 8 hours during a layover in HNL but I factored the 0.5 credit that I would earn in as a $10 savings, hence I picked Budget over the other companies cuz Budget had like a $1 cheaper rate. Since Budget wouldn't give SWA credit, I ended up getting AA miles instead. However the more I think about it, the lousy 50 AA miles that I got for the rental was basically completely subsidized by ME through the 50 cent frequent flyer surcharge tax I had to pay. Since I value the 50 AA miles at 50 cents, I basically got NOTHING for renting the car with Budget in Hawaii. My advice: DON'T RENT FROM BUDGET IN HAWAII. I personally will never rent from Budget again anywhere unless they are FAR CHEAPER than any other option. On another topic, why do people even bother getting frequent flyer miles if they only get 50 miles a day through AA/UAL/DL/etc? It seems to me as if they are just paying for the miles through the 50 cent per day FF surcharge. Or am I wrong?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta
I haven't had a problem getting Hertz points (including quadruple credit) from DCA, BOS, and other non-Southwest airports. They usually post within 1-2 weeks, too.

I waited 8 weeks for Dollar points (from BWI) before calling them, and then it took 2 more weeks for them to post, and then it was single credit instead of the triple credit I'd reserved.

So I'll stick with Hertz unless there's a big price difference.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
When I was in Hawaii 2 months ago, Alamo gave me SWA credit (in OGG) but Budget would not give me SWA credit (in HNL). It is really annoying because Budget only gives SWA credit at "participating locations". How are you supposed to know what a "participating location" is if Budget doesn't list them or alert you when you reserve the dumb car on the Net.

I just checked my credit card statement. It was Budget in HNL that would not let us use SW as a partner. We had the car for a week and had a very good rate so it wasn't a big problem this time but I will certainly factor in the "participating location" question in future decisions to rent from Budget.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:09 am

Smile Quadruple Credit Follow Up

My Quadruple credit posted to Rapid Rewards yesterday, exactly one week after returning the car.

This is a great deal--kudos to whoever unearthed it.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL MP, AAdvantage,WN RR
Hertz double credit + free gas run

After a simple calculatoin I found ;Hertz double credit + free gas " is better than "hertz 4x" credit". If we count 1 rr credit equals $20, then a tank of gas
will at least cost $30. I took advantage of 'hertz 4x" on two weekends and cost about $35/weekend. It already meant I rented Hertz for FREE.

Keep tha in mind, I will make a few more reservations from hertz to take full advantage. ^
Old Jun 10, 2004, 9:40 am

This assumption only holds if you actually use a full tank of gas. Often I don't put more than 40-50 miles on a car over a couple days on a business trip. Even at $2.50 a gallon that won't likely add up to $20. (With the Prius I had last month, it added up to $1.07 worth of gas.).

Originally Posted by yosemite1225
After a simple calculatoin I found ;Hertz double credit + free gas " is better than "hertz 4x" credit". If we count 1 rr credit equals $20, then a tank of gas
will at least cost $30. I took advantage of 'hertz 4x" on two weekends and cost about $35/weekend. It already meant I rented Hertz for FREE.

Keep tha in mind, I will make a few more reservations from hertz to take full advantage. ^
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:11 pm

non-SW airports?

Originally Posted by cabinpressure
I haven't had a problem getting Hertz points (including quadruple credit) from DCA, BOS, and other non-Southwest airports. They usually post within 1-2 weeks, too.

I waited 8 weeks for Dollar points (from BWI) before calling them, and then it took 2 more weeks for them to post, and then it was single credit instead of the triple credit I'd reserved.

So I'll stick with Hertz unless there's a big price difference.
I got the quadruple credit, no problem, in STL (booked it on the Southwest Travel Center)...it even says at the bottom of my return receipt "2 Rapid Rewards credits awarded".

However, in SHV, which is not a Southwest station, using the same promotion code (booked on the Hertz website), got only the normal 0.5 credits.

Perhaps DCA works because it is a co-terminal with BWI, and BOS with PVD? Whereas SHV is nowhere near another WN city?

I'm just guessing here - it can't be the fact that I booked one on the WN website, since you can't book anything but their cities on that website.

Any other experiences out there?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:54 am

Perhaps it has more to do with SHV possibly being a "franchise" town and not a true "hertz corporate" location (don't know for sure, but I'm guessing). The promotions usually say "participating locations only" and in my experience that seems to be codespeak for non-corporate locations. (Some of these locations don't honor the corporate rates/benefits, too).

Originally Posted by crhptic
...Perhaps DCA works because it is a co-terminal with BWI, and BOS with PVD? Whereas SHV is nowhere near another WN city?
Any other experiences out there?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 2:58 pm

Boris, the receipt I got in SHV said "Rented By The Hertz Corporation" which I assume means it's a corporate location, not a franchise. Good thinking though.

Originally Posted by borisbear
Perhaps it has more to do with SHV possibly being a "franchise" town and not a true "hertz corporate" location (don't know for sure, but I'm guessing). The promotions usually say "participating locations only" and in my experience that seems to be codespeak for non-corporate locations. (Some of these locations don't honor the corporate rates/benefits, too).
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:00 pm

This is new from Rapid Report...not as good as the 4x credit, but it has a later deadline, so when the other one runs out, use this one

Double Credit from Hertz!

Now through October 31, 2004, you can receive double Rapid
Rewards credit (that's 1.0 credits instead of the standard
0.5 credits) on all qualifying Leisure Rate rentals of two
or more days. Take advantage of this offer by renting any
car at a participating airport or suburban location in
the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada.

Also, simply use your Rapid Rewards discount number CDP 205418,
and you can receive savings and benefits every time you
rent from Hertz!

For reservations, visit southwest.com, hertz.com, or call
Hertz at 1-800-654-2210. At time of reservation, you must
provide your Rapid Rewards membership number, Rapid Rewards
discount number CDP 205418, and Promotion Code 952361 (when
booking on southwest.com, enter 205418 in the Corporate
ID/Rate box and 952361 in the Promotion Code box to receive
your double credit).
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:51 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
I got double credits on the WN promo in HNL.... no way that can remotely be considered a WN station.

Promo code 950810 for weekend rentals with Hertz, and 950606 for weekly rentals, give double WN credit plus $5 off per day, up to $20 off.

The code is no longer listed on southwest.com, but the offer is valid through Nov. 30, 2004. It's listed on an insert in every mailed WN receipt I've gotten in the last couple months.

I'm sure this has been listed earlier in this thread..... but why use the 'latest, greatest' double credit promo code when this old standby gives double credit along with $$$ off?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.