Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:18 pm

I am new to this whole car rental thing. A couple of quick questions:

First (this may seem silly) the southwest credits are for the whole rental not per day right? I want to do a 10 day rental, it's not .5*5xbonus=2.5*10 = 25 credits, instead it's just 2.5.

Second is there any way to combine a rate code from another discounter (Costco or BJs) with a Southwest extra reward bonus?

Third, I assume if I book a car through Priceline or Hotwire I get no reward points right?

Finally, I am not traveling until the end of January. Is it better to wait or are the current promotions as good as I will likely find?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: SWA A-List and CP Holder, HHonors Diamond VIP
Does anyone know if the Alamo deal has been extended? I don;t want to go back to Hertz if I can help it...

AF
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:22 pm
NLS

as mentioned above it has been extended through January, but myself and at least one other poster have found that the bonus 1.0 credit doesn't always automatically post to a rapid rewards account.

Originally Posted by ArizonaFlyer
Does anyone know if the Alamo deal has been extended? I don;t want to go back to Hertz if I can help it...

AF
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR CP, Hertz 5*
New TIME SENSITIVE Alamo Promo Codes

Originally Posted by ArizonaFlyer

AF
$15 weekend days: That's entertainment. Rent a Compact car for the weekend for $15/day. Or a Midsize for $19/day, Fullsize for $23/day or Premium-size for $25/day. Book today for rentals January 3 through February 6, 2011. Corporate ID 7015393

Just rent any car for two or more days by 01/31/2011 from Alamo and Earn Triple Rapid Rewards credit. Save up to 40%, Reserve a car in the US or Canada using, Corporate ID 7015588

Hurry and save $40 off our already-low weekly rates when you get behind the wheel for a minimum of five days between January 3 and February 6, 2011. Valid at participating US locations.
COUPON CODE AD4027JDO (use in conjunction with Corp. ID 7015588 if renting by 1/31/11).

Happy/Safe travels, All

Last edited by pmgood; Dec 27, 2010 at 7:35 am
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:12 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by pmgood
$15 weekend days: That's entertainment. Rent a Compact car for the weekend for $15/day. Or a Midsize for $19/day, Fullsize for $23/day or Premium-size for $25/day. Book today for rentals January 3 through February 6, 2011. Corporate ID 7015393
Keep an eye on this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...l-again-2.html where we always post the Alamo weekend specials.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:28 pm

I just rebooked using the $40 coupon above. Is there any issue with Alano when modifying a reservation solely to rebook the exact same car with a better coupon?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by awatiker
First (this may seem silly) the southwest credits are for the whole rental not per day right? I want to do a 10 day rental, it's not .5*5xbonus=2.5*10 = 25 credits, instead it's just 2.5.
According to the WN web site for the 5X promos for Avis, Budget, and Hertz you will get 2.5 credits per 5-day rental, not 25 credits.

Along this same line.... in another thread I was told these promos (2X, 3X, etc) are not that great because the normal earning for Avis, Budget, and Hertz has always been 0.5 credits per day. And that a 5-day rental always earned 2.5 credits. I don't buy this but maybe I've been missing the gravy train. If the normal earning is indeed 0.5 credits per day then it would only take 32 rental days to get a free R/T ticket. This sounds too good to be true. And, why have a promo with an expiration date that earns 2.5 credits for a 5-day rental when the normal earning is 2.5 credits for a 5-day rental?

Can anyone confirm for me what the normal, without a promo, rate of earning is for RR credits on Avis, Budget and Hertz? The WN web site does not clearly state whether 0.5 credits is per day or per rental.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:43 pm

Standard earning is 0.5 credits per rental, regardless of length.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:33 am

Question

I feel like an idiot, but I was trying to check out rates for this Avis rental deal from the SWA page, and there is mention of a promo code to enter for 30% but when I go through the car selection pages there is no where to enter this code?? When I was looking at the Hertz deal there was a spot for this. But no such spot on the Avis pages.

Also are the RR credits for rentals like they are for flights (the actual person flying gets the credit)? Or can I use my children's RR numbers to get car rental credits even though I am the one actually renting/driving? One child is 18, one is 13. Sorry, I am sure that's in a FAQ somewhere!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Does anybody have any promo codes which are valid beyond early February? Below is all the info I can find for current rental promos on WN's site:

Budget: Earn up to 5 times the credit plus save up to 30% off your rental
Now until January 31, 2011, the longer you rent the more credits you will earn with Budget. Plus, you can save up to 30% on all Budget rentals. This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Budget airport location in the United States. For reservations, book online at southwest.com. Please enter U072700 in the Budget Customer Discount BCDfield to save up to 30% off your rental. Also, enter MUAZ039 in the Coupon Code Field to receive your appropriate credits. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of rental to receive your credits. (Same as Avis below)

Avis: Earn up to 5 times the credit plus save up to 30% off your rental
Earn up to 5 times the credit plus save up to 30% off your rental with Avis. The longer you rent, the more credits you earn! Now until January 31, 2011, you will receive up to 5 times the credit and save up to 30% on all Avis rentals.
• Rent for 1 day and receive a half credit (.5 credit per rental)
• Rent for 2 days and receive double credit (1.0 credit per rental)
• Rent for 3 days and receive triple credit (1.5 credit per rental)
• Rent for 4 days and receive quadruple credit (2.0 credit per rental)
• Rent for 5 days or more and receive 5x credit (2.5 credit per rental)
This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Avis airport location in the United States. For reservations, book online at southwest.com. Please enter K024743 in the Avis Worldwide Discount AWD field to save up to 30% off your rental. Also, enter MUAA006 in the Coupon Code Field to receive your appropriate credits. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of rental to receive your credits.

Alamo: GET 3x RAPID REWARDS CREDIT® and save up to 40% with Alamo
Just rent any car for two or more days by 01/31/2011 from Alamo and Earn Triple Rapid Rewards ®credit. Save up to 40%, Reserve a car in the US or Canada using, Corporate ID 7015588

Hertz: Earn up to 5X the Credit, Plus save up to 25% on 1 or more days
Now through January 31, 2011, you will earn up to 5 times credit and save up to 25% on all rentals of 1 day or more. For reservations, click “Go”. The Corporate Discount Number (CDP#) and the Promotion Code are pre-populated in the booking widget. Or, visit southwest.com and enter CDP# “205418” in the Corporate Discount Number field and enter PC# “150732” in the Promotion Code field. Be sure to enter your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation. (2X FOR 1 OR 2 DAYS, 3X FOR 3 DAYS, 4X FOR 4 DAYS, 5X FOR 5 DAYS)

Thrifty is offering a savings of 10%
From January 2 through February 10, 2011, save 10% on weekly rentals of compact, mid-size and full-size vehicles. NO CODE LISTED - I DON'T SEE HOW TO QUALIFY

Save 10% at Dollar
From January 2 through February 10, 2011, you can save 10% on all weekly rentals of a compact, mid-size and full-size vehicle. NO CODE LISTED - I DON'T SEE HOW TO QUALIFY
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Does anybody have any promo codes which are valid beyond early February? Below is all the info I can find for current rental promos on WN's site: ...
Check out the Southwest section in post number one of this thread: Q1 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

You'll find...
WN/Alamo 3X credit (1.5 total), save 40% Corp ID 7015549 - Exp: Feb 15, 2011 - Min: 2 days
WN/Hertz 2X credits, save $30 CDP 205418 WEEKEND, coupon auto-applied (see link) – Exp: June 30, 2011 – Min: 2 days
WN/Hertz 2X credits, save $30 CDP 205418, coupon auto-applied (see link) – Exp: June 30, 2011 – Min: 5 days
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Thanks Evan! - I was hoping for a better deal for a one-day rental. Maybe I will credit to AirTran (they have a 1.5 credit offer right now) and wait for my AirTran credits to be transferred to Southwest.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:46 am
NLS

getting missing bonus credits

Last month I rented with the Alamo triple bonus code and only .5 credits posted. I'm happy to report that I contacted alamo via their website, got a quick reply promising that the credit would post within a week and now the additional 1.0 credit has posted. (Shortly after the extra credit posted I got a follow up email from Alamo letting me know the issue has been resolved.)

I know there is some debate about contacting the rental agency vs. contacting Southwest. I'm not endorsing one method over another -- I'm simply stating my experience.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Thanks Evan! - I was hoping for a better deal for a one-day rental. Maybe I will credit to AirTran (they have a 1.5 credit offer right now) and wait for my AirTran credits to be transferred to Southwest.
It's not 1.5 credits but you can get 1 credit with Hertz using the WN CDP 205418 and PC 947785 on a 1 day rental until March 31, 2011.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The Alamo codes typically post flawlessly for me. I book directly via the Alamo site, logged in with my Alamo ID.

Just booked one today for early Feb. I usually don't pay attention to the "40% off" part, knowing it hardly ever works that way. But in this case, I had a rental that was pricing at $21/day with my best other codes....and $12(!) with the WN code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.