Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
Originally Posted by zutalors
I've got a (barely) two-day rental coming up and I wonder if anyone can tell me how Alamo calculates the 2 days. I was planning on booking the car from12 noon Saturday to 12 noon Monday - however my flight arrives at 12:55pm on Saturday and leaves at 11:45 am on Monday so I'll probably be returning the car around 10am. Is this enough for two days (and triple credit) or will the Alamo computer system see this as one?

B.
Sure, it will count for two full days.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Hertz just launched an up to 5x credit offer. See my post in the Q4 Car Rentals Bonus Promos thread.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:14 pm

Double Credit plus up to 40% off at AVIS. AWD # K024741 at southwest.com in the corporate/ID rate field. Minimum 3 day, good till Dec 31 2010. All car groups.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
FOR AVIS, any idea how long it takes for the promo credits to post? 12 days later my .5 credit posted, but not my double under the deal--which should have been 1.0. All codes.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:09 pm

In the land of car rentals...

Anything over 1 day is a 2 day!!!!

Originally Posted by zutalors
I've got a (barely) two-day rental coming up and I wonder if anyone can tell me how Alamo calculates the 2 days. I was planning on booking the car from12 noon Saturday to 12 noon Monday - however my flight arrives at 12:55pm on Saturday and leaves at 11:45 am on Monday so I'll probably be returning the car around 10am. Is this enough for two days (and triple credit) or will the Alamo computer system see this as one?

B.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Anything that extends past December 31? I have a January rental and can't seem to find any good discounts for the majors, though Alamo is reasonably competitive. The SUVs are particularly outrageous so priceline may be the way to go.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:53 pm
NLS

If anyone uses alamo 7014923 (triple miles, two days or more, no size restriction) during December let me know. I've been using it for months and although it is supposed to expire 12/31 it always posts as "Alamo Tr Cr 8/17-11/30 CnS." (Not sure if that means it was programmed to expire 11/30, or if that's just some other internal coding I should ignore.)
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR CP, Hertz 5*
TIME SENSITIVE Alamo Rental Codes

Originally Posted by NLS
If anyone uses alamo 7014923 (triple miles, two days or more, no size restriction) during December let me know. I've been using it for months and although it is supposed to expire 12/31 it always posts as "Alamo Tr Cr 8/17-11/30 CnS." (Not sure if that means it was programmed to expire 11/30, or if that's just some other internal coding I should ignore.)
I received 2 time-sensitive coupon codes from Alamo this week:
AD4004JDK - $50 off weekly (5 day min.) rentals if booked by Dec. 7, 2010 for pickup between Jan. 3, 2011 and Feb. 6, 2011

AD5691JDV - $25 off rental (3 day min.) with min. 24 hours advance reservation for pickup by Dec. 20, 2010.

I just booked using the $25 off coupon with Alamo 7014923 for pickup Dec. 9 and it worked fine.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Hertz just launched an up to 5x credit offer. See my post in the Q4 Car Rentals Bonus Promos thread.
The offer above has an end date of 12/31/10 - however, I just successfully used this to book an overnight car rental starting on 12/31. Is it normally the case that rentals for these types of offers only have to be started (and not completed) by the end of the promo?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
The offer above has an end date of 12/31/10 - however, I just successfully used this to book an overnight car rental starting on 12/31. Is it normally the case that rentals for these types of offers only have to be started (and not completed) by the end of the promo?
If you read further in that thread, you may see that the end date was extended until 1/31/11, which is also reflected on the swa.com offer page:
Now through January 31, 2011, you will earn up to 5 times the Rapid Rewards® credit and save up to 25% on all vehicles and all rentals. Offer is valid at participating airport and off airport locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada.
http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...html?id=534097
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Thanks elron938 - that makes more sense to me!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:19 pm

Does anyone know if for the SWA Budget 5x promo one has to use both the BCD and Coupon to get the credit ? I'm getting a good rate with the SWA BCD but it becomes even better with a different dollar off coupon code
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: Southwest
Alamo Bonus Credits Not posted

I recently booked two Alamo rental car reservations using the below link. The promotion is triple credit for two days or more rental. I just checked my RR account and all that posted for both of the was .5 credits. I've used this promotion in the past and the bonus credit was posted as soon as the .5 credit was posted.

I'm not sure who to call to fix this. Can anyone give me any advice on this, as well as a phone #? Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:46 pm
NLS

Originally Posted by doming7272
I recently booked two Alamo rental car reservations using the below link. The promotion is triple credit for two days or more rental. I just checked my RR account and all that posted for both of the was .5 credits. I've used this promotion in the past and the bonus credit was posted as soon as the .5 credit was posted.

I'm not sure who to call to fix this. Can anyone give me any advice on this, as well as a phone #? Thanks
I was afraid this was the case based on the reference I reported on my RR account earlier in this thread.

I'd try emailing Alamo first. Unfortunately, while Alamo is usually great about posting credits as soon as you return a car, emailing or calling them can be pretty futile. Let us know if you have any success.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by NLS
I was afraid this was the case based on the reference I reported on my RR account earlier in this thread.

I'd try emailing Alamo first. Unfortunately, while Alamo is usually great about posting credits as soon as you return a car, emailing or calling them can be pretty futile. Let us know if you have any success.
Ignore the advice of one of this forum's mods who for whatever reason suggests that you contact the car rental company - instead, wait 35 days (weird, but that's their rule), call WN customer service and request that they contact the Alamo liaison and get the extra credit applied properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.