any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Hertz 1-day, double RR credit

From recent mailing with award announcement and dirnk coupons:

Hertz PC #123841 with SW CDP #205418

for double RR credits with ONE or more days, through Dec 31, 2010

Last edited by peersteve; Jun 13, 2010 at 4:13 pm Reason: typo: correct PC is 123841
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
I tried using this (123481) on line to book a rental at STL and the web site said it was a non-participating location. That's kind of hard for me to believe, but YMMV.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
I didn't forget them, as I wasn't trying to make a complete list of all frequent renter programs. I was trying to answer the poster's question, which asked which other companies offered "Pre-assigned car that you can drive away in without stopping at the rental counter".

AFAIK the *only* one of those other programs that offers this is National, and National doesn't meet the other requested criteria of "having a WN bonus going" as they do not participate in Rapid Rewards. So my original answer of Avis and (sometimes) Budget is correct. The other programs all require you to stop, at minimum at a kiosk if not the counter.
It may depend on the airport, but on Alamo you can provide your information online from home, print the agreement, and select any car in the category without stopping at a kiosk.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by raisin
I tried using this (123481) on line to book a rental at STL and the web site said it was a non-participating location. That's kind of hard for me to believe, but YMMV.
Does 947785 still work for double miles? That one used to give double miles on any rental and has been around a long, long time. I haven't tried it since last year but you may want to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by rove312
It may depend on the airport, but on Alamo you can provide your information online from home, print the agreement, and select any car in the category without stopping at a kiosk.
Good to know...I have not used the online checkin before, since I am a Quicksilver member and always just stop at the kiosk. I didn't realize there was a possibility of saving even that stop.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
oops! correct PC is 123841

Originally Posted by raisin

My apologies..... dyslexia of fingers strikes again.....

CORRECT PC# is 123841 with Hertz CDP#205418 for double Rapids rewards on rentals of ONE or more days

(I've corrected my original post, sorry!)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:16 pm

I just used PC# is 123841 with Hertz CDP#205418, and it dropped the price of my car rental but didn't say specifically that the Rapid Rewards were doubled. Does this mean I don't get double credits? It didn't say anything specific about Rapid Rewards at all. I'm only renting the car because I have 15 credits and need to get to 16 before July 7th.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
anyone have any updates on the alamo 3x/4x codes? the codes earlier in this thread expired 6/15. Actually they still seem to work for booking, however when i called to ask an agent they said YMMV whether or not I receive any bonus.

I used TRIPSWA last weekend as did a friend, and for the 1st time we only got .5 credits each instead of 1.5.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:02 pm

There's a new Alamo code on the Southwest website that gives triple miles on 2+ days. It appears Alamo is the only company offering triple miles right now; all the other "active" codes on the Southwest site (Avis, Hertz, Budget) are all just double miles. Boooooo.

(I forgot to copy down the code when I was looking earlier tonight, sorry!)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:28 pm
NLS

Code is 7014923. min 2 days, expires 12/31/10.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...html?id=534102

Originally Posted by crhptic
There's a new Alamo code on the Southwest website that gives triple miles on 2+ days. It appears Alamo is the only company offering triple miles right now; all the other "active" codes on the Southwest site (Avis, Hertz, Budget) are all just double miles. Boooooo.

(I forgot to copy down the code when I was looking earlier tonight, sorry!)
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
SWA versus other CDP codes for Hertz

I formerly used SWA CDP codes when booking Hertz cars through the SWA site. Recently, I tested the other CDP codes which I have available, one from AAA and one from a professional association. In the cities I tested, AAA always gave a better rental rate than SWA, and usually better than my other association.

Obviously, all CDP codes are not created equal. Is there any particular reason to use the SWA code when others offer greater savings on rental costs? There does not appear to be any difference in the number of rapid reward credits awarded.

Last edited by screeton; Jun 26, 2010 at 12:03 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, RR CP, Hertz 5*
Alamo Coupon- $25 off any car class for 3 day rental; pickup before 8/31/10

COUPON CODE: AD5691JDV
Appears to be valid only for Alamo Quicksilver members.
I used this coupon at PHX in conjunction with Corp. ID 7014923 (30% off + triple miles) and it worked.
I tried to use this coupon at DEN in conjunction with Corp. ID 7014923 and it would only let me use one or the other.
YMMV.

Terms and Conditions
To save $25 simply rent any car for at least three days and get behind the wheel before August 31, 2010. This offer is good at participating Alamo locations in the US. Make your reservation 24 hours ahead of time. Sorry, this cannot be combined with any other offer. And obviously, you have to meet standard rental qualifications. Drivers under age 25 may have to pay higher rates. The dollars-off amount is prorated against the base rate for the length of your rental. Some things that might cost you extra include taxes (including GST), other governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fees, one-way rental charge and optional items, e.g., CDW Waiver Savers® up to $30 per day. Remember to check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Don't forget, availability is limited. This offer may change without notice. Holiday and other blackout dates may apply. Offer is void where prohibited.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by pmgood
COUPON CODE: AD5691JDV
Appears to be valid only for Alamo Quicksilver members.
I used this coupon at PHX in conjunction with Corp. ID 7014923 (30% off + triple miles) and it worked.
I tried to use this coupon at DEN in conjunction with Corp. ID 7014923 and it would only let me use one or the other.
YMMV.
Awesome. The coupon worked in AVP along with 7014923. ^
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:25 pm

Get double Rapid Rewards credit and up to 20% off your next Hertz car rental when you rent any vehicle for one day or longer at any participating Hertz airport and off-airport location in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. This offer is valid on qualifying Daily, Weekend, and Weekly rentals now through December 31, 2010.

For reservations, visit southwest.com.

Select Hertz.
Enter CDP# 205418 in the Corporate Rate Code field.
Enter PC# 140663 in the Promotion Code field.
Enter your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation to receive your credit.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by screeton
I formerly used SWA CDP codes when booking Hertz cars through the SWA site. Recently, I tested the other CDP codes which I have available, one from AAA and one from a professional association. In the cities I tested, AAA always gave a better rental rate than SWA, and usually better than my other association.

Obviously, all CDP codes are not created equal. Is there any particular reason to use the SWA code when others offer greater savings on rental costs? There does not appear to be any difference in the number of rapid reward credits awarded.
I've noticed this behavior with Hertz for many years.

In general, NO there is no reason to use one of the airline CDP's *unless* you are booking some sort of promotion that yields a valuable bonus.

I have a corporate rate, the AAA rate, my auto insurance company's rate, the Costco rate, and a couple of others I can pick from. Sometimes one has an effect, sometimes none do. Generally, I'm only using the airline codes during a 4xWN promo or when some other unusual bonus is tied to those codes. (Once in a while I'll see a "Free Day plus Double Miles" deal that makes it worthwhile to use one.)
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Problem with Hertz.com dropping SWA frequent flyer #

On two recent reservations made via Hertz.com, my Southwest Frequent Flier number was inadvertently dropped during the reservation process. I am Hertz Gold Club member, with SWA number in my profile, but the number somehow disappeared by the time my reservation was finalized. Since Hertz usually charges 50 cents/day for frequent flier benefits, it remains to be seen whether they will restore my missing SWA credits requested through the fax number provided on SWA website. This seems to be more of a problem when Hertz reservations are "prepaid" to get a lower rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.