any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Dollar 4x credit; CP holders

Just received this email:

As a Rapid Rewards Companion Pass Member, you can earn quadruple Rapid Rewards credit on rentals of any car type for three consecutive days or more. For quadruple credit, you will receive two credits instead of the standard 0.5 credit per rental. This offer is valid at participating worldwide locations from April 22 through June 30, 2010.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com. Enter WN4X in the Promotion Code field, and be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation to receive your credits.

Book now, and get quadruple credit on your next DOLLAR rental!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:20 pm

Dollar 2x credit if not CP

I got this, don't know if it's been posted:

As a Rapid Rewards Member, you can earn double Rapid Rewards credit on rentals of any car type for two consecutive days or more. For double credit, you will receive one credit instead of the standard 0.5 credit per rental. This offer is valid at participating worldwide locations from April 22 through June 30, 2010.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com. Enter WN42 in the Promotion Code field, and be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation to receive your credits.

Book now, and get double credit on your next DOLLAR rental!
Old May 5, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I dont see this one posted and looks to be very good, Alamo 4X with no min days.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...ml?id=37007136
Old May 19, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
There's a 5x with Avis. All of them expire June 13ish. I need one for end of June.
Old May 25, 2010, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by savedsol
There's a 5x with Avis. All of them expire June 13ish. I need one for end of June.
Yeah, I'm in a holding pattern, waiting to book a series of July/August/Sept rentals.

My guess is that in early June, we'll get a round of exp. August 30 promos. <crosses fingers> It usually works that way....why they do it that way, I don't know.
Old May 25, 2010, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
My guess is that in early June, we'll get a round of exp. August 30 promos. <crosses fingers> It usually works that way....why they do it that way, I don't know.
nice, that is what i was logging on to find out about. i need a car in late july, and would love to grab a few extra credits....

does wn typically recycle their promotions, or do they completely change them upon expiration?
Old May 27, 2010, 11:08 am

SWA Dollar rental Car (3 days / Triple Credit) thru Feb 28, 2011

Promotion Code: WNAWD

Offer available for rentals through February 28, 2011.
Fullsize or larger vehicle
Triple Credit (1.5 SWA Rapid Rewards)
Old May 27, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Hertz 4x points + - Thank you!

So I picked up a Hertz CP / Promo code set from this thread and am happy to report it went great!

I ended up upgrading above the premium vehicle to a Caddy for a long weekend that totaled out to about 100 bucks and not 5 days later the SWA points came in- .5 base plus the 1.5 extra.

I hope to give back some day.

Thanks guys keep up the great work!

-Wingrider
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: WN and its partners
Hertz 4x promo expired 5/31. Has anyone seen a new promo yet? If not, what is the next best alternative for a company that has a good WN bonus going and has premium service such as Hertz Gold Club (i.e. Pre-assigned car that you can drive away in without stopping at the rental counter)? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OAKtoSAN
Hertz 4x promo expired 5/31. Has anyone seen a new promo yet? If not, what is the next best alternative for a company that has a good WN bonus going and has premium service such as Hertz Gold Club (i.e. Pre-assigned car that you can drive away in without stopping at the rental counter)? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
I received a promo flyer from Hertz in my last RR award email for extra .5 SWA and 20% off the rental (1 point total) good until 12/31/10 on single or multi day rentals. I don't have the 2 codes handy but can go look.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by OAKtoSAN
Avis Preferred is basically identical to Hertz #1 Club Gold and is free.

Budget Fastbreak is similar as well but the premium service is available at fewer airports. At many locations where Avis/Hertz would have the preferred service Budget has "counter" service so you still have to stop at the counter, but your contract will be preprinted. You can figure out if a location has the premium service or not by looking it up on the Budget website. If the location says "Fastbreak service: counter" then you have to stop at the counter. If it says "Fastbreak service: choice" then you have the premium service. I would say Budget seems to have the premium service only at about the 25 or so largest airports in the US.

AFAIK none of the other rental companies offers anything similar.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider
I received a promo flyer from Hertz in my last RR award email for extra .5 SWA and 20% off the rental (1 point total) good until 12/31/10 on single or multi day rentals. I don't have the 2 codes handy but can go look.
Thanks for pointing this out -- I missed this in the e-mail, but can use it for an upcoming one-day rental.

Code:
Get double Rapid Rewards credit and save up to 20% when you rent any vehicle for one day or longer at any participating airport and off-airport location in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada through December 31, 2010.

For reservations, visit southwest.com. When booking, select Hertz, enter CDP# 205418 in the Corporate ID/Rate Code field, enter Promotion Code 140663 in the Promotion Code field, and enter your Rapid Rewards account number.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by crhptic
AFAIK none of the other rental companies offers anything similar.
I believe you forgot a couple frequent renter clubs:
Alamo QuickSilver
Dollar Express
Enterprise e-Plus
Fox Rewards
National Emerald Club
Thrifty Blue Chip
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Wingrider
Pls post the current Hertz codes when you have a moment. Thx in advance! ^
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I believe you forgot a couple frequent renter clubs:
Alamo QuickSilver
Dollar Express
Enterprise e-Plus
Fox Rewards
National Emerald Club
Thrifty Blue Chip
I didn't forget them, as I wasn't trying to make a complete list of all frequent renter programs. I was trying to answer the poster's question, which asked which other companies offered "Pre-assigned car that you can drive away in without stopping at the rental counter".

AFAIK the *only* one of those other programs that offers this is National, and National doesn't meet the other requested criteria of "having a WN bonus going" as they do not participate in Rapid Rewards. So my original answer of Avis and (sometimes) Budget is correct. The other programs all require you to stop, at minimum at a kiosk if not the counter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.