Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
It seems I accidentally used the corporate ID number for the bonus offer expiring on December 15th instead of the one expiring December 31st for a rental the last week of December.

Anyone think they're likely to overlook this if i put in a credit request?

I have 15 credits and was anticipating that bonus giving me an award ticket. I just moved to Argentina so I can't fly for it, and I won't be having any hotel stays. And I probably won't be renting any cars (do international rentals give WN credits anyway?). I cleaned out my amex membership rewards account before I left as well... The CC isn't very appealing with the low signup bonus and no waived annual fee...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by maracle
Anyone think they're likely to overlook this if i put in a credit request?

...do international rentals give WN credits anyway?...

The CC isn't very appealing with the low signup bonus and no waived annual fee...
1) They're not likely to overlook the expiry. But you might call to ask to have the code changed.

2) Yes, international rentals at partner companies give WN credits.

3) Or did you see yesterday's Rapid Rewards EMAIL UPDATE credit card offer of 16 bonus RR credits for first use (+ 8 RR credits for a balance transfer)? The fee is $59. (There still might be a $39 fee card described on this board.) I can't supply a link because the offer is in the email, and all the links in it are to the application form directly. You probably would need to use a U.S. address... And then you'd end up one credit short of your next RR.

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 29, 2010 at 2:58 am
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by chiefs1970
Is it just me or do others find that if you rent a car from the SW list of rental cars that the rates are very high. I know from renting direct from Hertz that if you want to credit SW or AA they will charge an additional surcharge which is like a buck. The rental rates from SW in MDW have always been much higher than any of my corporate rates. It turns into a very expensive extra credit as much as I love credits.
Like others I find that the SWA website is generally a pretty good way to "take the pulse" of the market, but I'm in shock tonight looking at RSW for 2/26. SWA's page and direct looks at the company pages are all coming up with ~$50/day, as is Priceline, but Hotwire is coming up with $15/day. At that difference, I think I'm far better off purchasing my RR credits at the local Hyatt Place.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
Originally Posted by savedsol
Still not posted.
Still not posted. Called Alamo and now they are saying 6-12 weeks AFTER the promo is over on Dec 15th!!!

Sorry, that's that last time I use Alamo. I'm tired of the crappy cars and overseas call centers. My Hertz credits posted in days.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Data Point

Originally Posted by savedsol
Still not posted. Called Alamo and now they are saying 6-12 weeks AFTER the promo is over on Dec 15th!!!

Sorry, that's that last time I use Alamo. I'm tired of the crappy cars and overseas call centers. My Hertz credits posted in days.

For what it's worth, Southwest Sweeps for credits from Alamo daily IME, and just this week, I called about a missing credit (from last week). The phone call was Monday evening (late afternoon anyway) and the credits were posted this morning when I logged in.

I'm not sure why it would take that long for the credits to post for you when promotional credits post immediately for me... Hope you get it resolved.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Everyone should keep this code handy. 7014923 Good until 12/31/2010 for triple RR credits from Alamo.

Save Up to 30% and Earn Triple Rapid Rewards® Credit on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2010.

Get 1.5 Credits instead of the normal .5 Credit. Offer valid on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2010.

*When using the Advanced Car Search option, enter corporate ID number 7014923 to receive the discount and Rapid Rewards credit. If using the standard booking option, the code will be applied automatically.

Direct from the Alamo web site
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
The Hertz code is quadruple credits for a two day rental with no car type required.

I'm also on a campaign against Alamo. I'm being told they don't have/can't find a reservation # on file even though there have money and can see my rental agreement. I've deleted my email from four months ago so they refuse to help. Sorry, they stink as bad as the "no smoking" cars I always get stuck with.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by brkandjfk
For what it's worth, Southwest Sweeps for credits from Alamo daily IME, and just this week, I called about a missing credit (from last week). The phone call was Monday evening (late afternoon anyway) and the credits were posted this morning when I logged in.

I'm not sure why it would take that long for the credits to post for you when promotional credits post immediately for me... Hope you get it resolved.

My last two Alamo rentals (Dec for triple) and (Jan for .50 reward) all posted the day I PICKED up the car. Thought that was kinda crazy! Paid with SWA visa - that could have been the trick.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP
My Southwest/Alamo triple credit from early Dec. hasn't posted yet either. The normal half credit showed up, but not the triple credit. I have the correct code on my reservation; hopefully i won't have to copy it and mail it in, ugh. I don't see why someone can't just put 2 and 2 together and give me the full credit. Southwest and Alamo each tell me to call the other one, which I did, but to no avail.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:26 am

[QUOTE=FlyingTigers;13358401]Everyone should keep this code handy. 7014923 Good until 12/31/2010 for triple RR credits from Alamo.

Does anyone have any experience with code 7014923 earning the triple miles with one-way rentals? I will be picking up in Orlando and dropping off in Tampa.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:49 am

I guess the Southwest / Alamo partnership works much better for me than it does others... I have rented many times from Alamo in the past 90 days, and every single time I have had the # on the reservation (at checkin, usually through kiosk), the triple (or other appropriate) credit has posted with 36 hours of returning the car (and dates as of the pickup date of the rental).

In the handful of times I didn't put the WN # in when renting and had to call, I have in all cases received the appropriate credits within 36 hours of the call. This includes a rental I returned on Monday 2-15-10 (a holiday), and called at noonish that day. Credits were posted last night overnight (dated for 2-13, my pickup day).

The rep each time (I had to call) told me it would be 4-6 weeks for them to post. They (for me) have never taken that long.

I have several back to back rentals from the same location (LAS, DEN, and MCI) during this period and I have concluded that they post individually also.

I guess I'm having way better success with Alamo than some of you.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:51 am

[QUOTE=sspontak;13399747]
Originally Posted by FlyingTigers
Everyone should keep this code handy. 7014923 Good until 12/31/2010 for triple RR credits from Alamo.

Does anyone have any experience with code 7014923 earning the triple miles with one-way rentals? I will be picking up in Orlando and dropping off in Tampa.

I use the blanket triple miles promo code TRIPSWA for Alamo rentals...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:32 pm

QUOTE:

Up to 25% Off and Double Rapid Rewards® Credit!

Receive up to 25% off and double credit (1.0 credit instead of the standard
0.5 credit) on any rental with a Saturday night stay.

This offer is valid in the United States and Canada through March 31, 2010.

Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental to receive your credit.

Book Now! To receive discount and credit, reference ID/Corp ID 7015305

Terms & Conditions
Discount: Receive a discount of up to 25% or the best available rate at time of reservation. Rapid Rewards® credit: Double credit awarded for any size vehicles rented for one day or longer in the United States and Canada. Keeping the rental for a Saturday night is a must. Offer valid on rentals completed by 3/31/10. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. Subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Void where prohibited. Must provide Rapid Rewards number to receive credit. Double credit consists of 1.0 credit instead of the standard 0.5 credit per rental. A frequent flyer service charge of $1.50 per day, up to $4.50 total per rental may apply. This service charge is being collected by Alamo to offset the administrative and program costs associated with participation in Frequent Flyer programs. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. Allow 6-8 weeks for credits to post to your account. Offer is subject to vehicle availability. Any changes to the reservation may disqualify member from promotion. Alamo and Drive Happy are trademarks of Alamo Rent A Car. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Alamo Rent A Car.
END QUOTE

Not as good as the other Alamo, but if you have just a 1 day rental...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Alamo - 3X RR Credit / 40% off / Full Size or Larger / Exp: 5-15-10

Per a RR e-mail I just received:

Drive Happy® with Alamo® to earn triple Rapid Rewards credit and save up to 40%.

You'll receive 1.5 credits per qualifying rental instead of the standard 0.5 credit per rental. And, with self-serve checkin, you can skip the counter, checkin at the kiosk, and drive away. All you need is a valid driver license, major credit card, and existing reservation. It's that easy.

For reservations, visit southwest.com, reference Corporate ID #7015296, and be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number.
• Reserve a full size or larger vehicle.
• A Saturday night keep is required.
• 24-hour advance reservation is required.
• Valid at participating Alamo locations in the U.S. and Canada through May 15, 2010.

T&Cs: Members receive up to 40% off of the base rate or the best avaialble rate. This offer is good at any U.S. and Canada Alamo location. 24-hour advance reservation required. Driver must meet standard age, driver, and credit requirements. Rates are higher for drivers under age 25. Taxes, government charges of up to 23%, recoupment fees of up to $2 U.S. per day or $3 U.S. per rental, airport fees of up to $6 U.S. per day or $19 U.S. per rental, refueling, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge, and optional items [i.e. CDW Waiver Savers® up to $30 U.S. per day]. Be sure to check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Availability is limited. This offer may change without notice. Blackout dates may apply and this offer is void where prohibited. A Frequent Flyer Service Charge of $1.50 per day up to $4.50 may apply. This service charge is being collected by Alamo to offset the administrative and program costs associated with participation in Frequent Flyer programs. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for credits to post to your Rapid Rewards account. Any changes to the reservation may disqualify Member from promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. Alamo and Drive Happy are trademarks of Alamo Rent A Car. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Alamo Rent A Car. A175
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hertz One day 2x for all of 2010 (need RR Visa?)

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Anybody going to do a compilation for promos active at the start of 2010? I'm particularly interested in promos above the bare minimum half credit for one-day rentals.
I'm not sure where to start RE compiling the promos from all the car companies, but I have something for what you are "particularly interested in":

Now through December 31, 2010, Rapid Rewards Visa Cardmembers can earn double Rapid Rewards credit and up to 20% off for all rentals one day or longer at any participating airport and off airport location in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada!

Simply book now at southwest.com using 205418 in the Corporate ID/Rate Field and 140663 in the Promotion Code Field. Be sure to enter your Rapid Rewards Account Number to get your double credit!

I don't know whether WN or Hz will check for RR Visa accounts, but I figure most folks here got one long ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.