Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
"As a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass Member you can receive double Rapids Rewards credit (that's 1.0 credit instead of the standard 0.5 credit) on all qualifying Hertz rentals in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada through March 31, 2010.

To receive double Rapid Rewards credit, at time of reservation you must provide:
  • Your Rapid Rewards membership number
  • Rapid Rewards discount number CDP 205418, and
  • PC# 947785."

I don't know if the extra half credit comes from WN or from Hertz. I'd guess if it's Hertz there is no way for them to know who's CP and who's not... so YMMV.
If it's a joint promo (more than likely) SWA can check RR# against the list of CP and only credit CP holders. They did an A-List promo a while back.

Double RR credit is no great deal, so I would not bother if you are not CP. Look for another promo that is not targeted.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by irabk
If it's a joint promo (more than likely) SWA can check RR# against the list of CP and only credit CP holders. They did an A-List promo a while back.

Double RR credit is no great deal, so I would not bother if you are not CP. Look for another promo that is not targeted.

I'll agree with that, but the any rental part made it worth passing along... (As in, not many one day double credit deals...) I'd not think this being the best bet in most circumstances, but a one day rental...
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
AKA corporate ID number 7014923. Link
"Offer Information

Save Up to 30% and Earn Triple Rapid Rewards® Credit on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2009.

Get 1.5 Credits instead of the normal .5 Credit. Offer valid on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2009.

*When using the Advanced Car Search option, enter corporate ID number 7014923 to receive the discount and Rapid Rewards credit. If using the standard booking option, the code will be applied automatically.

On this Alamo/Southwest special offer, I rented this one in PHL Dec 11-13 (2 days). I only received One credit. Obviously they had my correct RR number. Did I miss somthing in the offer fine print?

If this was just an oversight on the other end, is it better to report the discrepancy to Alamo, Southwest RR, or both?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by Allan38103
"Offer Information

Save Up to 30% and Earn Triple Rapid Rewards® Credit on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2009.

Get 1.5 Credits instead of the normal .5 Credit. Offer valid on any rental of two days or more through December 31, 2009.

*When using the Advanced Car Search option, enter corporate ID number 7014923 to receive the discount and Rapid Rewards credit. If using the standard booking option, the code will be applied automatically.

On this Alamo/Southwest special offer, I rented this one in PHL Dec 11-13 (2 days). I only received One credit. Obviously they had my correct RR number. Did I miss somthing in the offer fine print?

If this was just an oversight on the other end, is it better to report the discrepancy to Alamo, Southwest RR, or both?
Never, never say obviously with Alamo. I had the same issues, and when I called Alamo, the CS rep told me a secret. Just because you sign into your account, it does not populate your RR number into your reservation. You have to manually add it from the list.

She fixed the problem and the bonus credits posted within a few days.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, 1.7MM, SW 15 Year Companion Pass holder, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Is it just me or do others find that if you rent a car from the SW list of rental cars that the rates are very high. I know from renting direct from Hertz that if you want to credit SW or AA they will charge an additional surcharge which is like a buck. The rental rates from SW in MDW have always been much higher than any of my corporate rates. It turns into a very expensive extra credit as much as I love credits.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:11 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
My Avis rental from the last week of December showed FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 2 on the receipt. This was a 5+ day rental with the $30 off a weekly rental coupon MUWA130 and AWD K024701. The points have not yet posted to my account. Last I remembered, this was a triple points code not quadruple. Anyone else have any experience with it?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
Originally Posted by savedsol
I called today for a mid-Oct rental. They told me credits will post after the promo code dies on 12/15.
Still not posted.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:28 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lastumps
Hertz 4X

Through May 2010

CDP 205418
PC 137421

Midsize and up

Question: What is the minimum rental to get this? 1 day, 2 days?
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
3 days...
They haven't posted to my RR account yet, but as reported by someone else, it appears that it is 2 day minimum for this, my receipts on two two-day rentals both showed "2 miles/points earned".
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
They haven't posted to my RR account yet, but as reported by someone else, it appears that it is 2 day minimum for this, my receipts on two two-day rentals both showed "2 miles/points earned".
Which would be great (although the postcard does say 3...) as I have two two day rentals with Hertz coming up inthe next 2 weeks...
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chiefs1970
Is it just me or do others find that if you rent a car from the SW list of rental cars that the rates are very high. I know from renting direct from Hertz that if you want to credit SW or AA they will charge an additional surcharge which is like a buck. The rental rates from SW in MDW have always been much higher than any of my corporate rates. It turns into a very expensive extra credit as much as I love credits.
I generally get very good rates at WN's website. My usual destinations are MCO, SDF, CLE, and BWI.

Don't forget that you can usually apply coupons.

It may be destination-dependent. MDW is pretty bad during the week, but I've sometimes made "rental runs" on weekends.

But I've been Hotwiring lately for even better deals. Just saved over 50% in MCO with a 5-day rental.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:46 pm

Question question alamo coupon

quick question I don't rent frequently and I found if I use southwest TRIPSWA for the ALAMO corp code and
Alamo $25 off any 3 day rental - coupon code AD5691JDV expires 2/28/2010. I can get a 2 day rental in houston hobby airport for 27.16(total) for a compact (all I need)
this seems too good and I don't want any problems
the coupon seems to be for quicksilver members, should I get the membership to be safe or am I just paranoid?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Through May 2010

CDP 205418
PC 137421

Midsize and up
Apologies coming from a WN newbie here, but is this 4X offer targeted? I never received a postcard or e-mail but found the code in this thread. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Anybody going to do a compilation for promos active at the start of 2010? I'm particularly interested in promos above the bare minimum half credit for one-day rentals.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:07 am

2010 WN Car Promos

I'm so used to looking on FT for these promos that I rarely look elsewhere. My friend reminded me to look here recently:

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...NAVSPCLOFFR_HP

(Click Cars to see the car promos for 2010)
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:32 pm

I entered the following with Alamo and got three days in Las Vegas in a Compact over V-day weekend for $77 w/all taxes:

Corp ID:TRIPSWA

Coupon Code: AD5691JDV

Rate Code: BYEF3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.