Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR system downtime and online check-in problems...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder

On Thursday the 30th, I went online to change an RR (booked as separate one ways) to CMH-LAS-CMH. I changed the inbound, got the confirmation page, and changed the return. I waited a few minutes and got an email for the flight to Vegas, but not one for the return. This was around the same times that I said in this thread so I assumed I must've hit the same problem. But, a few hours later, I still hadn't received an email, so I called reservations.

The agent on the phone checked, and said it hadn't changed. However, the system was down (for overnight maintenance I believe the phone agent said), and she couldn't make the reservation. There were only 2 RR seats left, so she put a courtesy hold on a seat, and told me to call back the next day (it's around 245-3am EST)

Call back the next day, and the agent is able to ticket it, and I'm all set. Check in for the flight there, A27, lose a lot of money in Vegas, and go to check in last night, around 8 local time for my 6pm flight. However, it keeps giving me a "server error" and tells me to try again or check in at the airport. So I call to see what the problem is, and after some checking, the phone agent says that when they had this problem earlier, and people were actually being checked in, but they were getting the error message still, but I was not checked in.

She called tech support in Dallas, and whatever the problem was, they fixed it, and I was able to check in, and I wind up with B15.

Oh, and to top it off, no air conditioning, at least in terminal C of LAS yesterday, so it was sweltering in there
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Originally Posted by sammy0623
Oh, and to top it off, no air conditioning, at least in terminal C of LAS yesterday, so it was sweltering in there
When at LAS C-Gates this morning, I was told there was a 3 hour power failure at McCarran Sunday; presumably they were using emergency power for lighting and other limited services.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
I'm sitting at gate C3 now. It's nice and cool...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.