BWI Pier C Security Line Question

Subscribe
This morning when arriving at BWI Pier C for my hop to MHT, I noticed that there was a separate security line for those with special needs, first class tix, and airline status. Under the 'Airline Status' bullet was listed only one category - 'AA Platinum'. I wasn't sure whether that was the only status accepted for this line, or whether that was just an example, so I pulled out my CP and gave it a try.

The SW employee checking IDs took a look at my CP and told me that was not a valid credential for that line, and that what I actually needed was a Rapid Rewards card. I questioned him, since obviously the CP, not RR card, indicates 'status'. He tried to tell me that I didn't understand the difference between the two (uh ... duh!) but gave me credit for trying and let me through anyway (this time ...).

Once through, I asked a gate agent whether the CP was supposed to work to get through the 'elite' security line ... he seemed to think that the other airlines had protested allowing WN card holders in that line, and that we weren't welcome at all!

Sooooo, does anyone know what the story is here? Will a CP (or CP + RR card) work to get into that BWI Pier C fast line? Will just a RR card work (that hardly seems like the answer)?

Having this access would definitely be a huge perk since those BWI security lines get quite long!
Some related threads from NW:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/006138.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/006720.html

The jist is that NW fliers are not happy that NW was moved from C to D.... the thread points out that C has elite security (for Southwest???) while D does not allow FC/elites into their short security line. The difference in policy is a matter of the "First Class/Elite" line listed on the C concourse sign and not on the D concourse sign.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sre2v:
Sooooo, does anyone know what the story is here? Will a CP (or CP + RR card) work to get into that BWI Pier C fast line? Will just a RR card work (that hardly seems like the answer)?

Having this access would definitely be a huge perk since those BWI security lines get quite long!
</font>
Somehow I highly doubt that one could consistently get through with a RR card as just about everyone and their brother has one, which would defeat the purpose. I also doubt they will allow CP holders because WN doesn't award loyalty. The ONLY benefit of a CP is a free companion flight! I've suggested a zillion times that they should allow CP holders priority boarding (ie any letter and your CP gets you pre-boarding), but to no avail thus far.

Regarding the C/D elite line issue...it's plain stupid. US (push you down the) Stairways is a pain in my side. I got stuck flying them a couple of weeks ago and it was painful. I started at BWI and ended up flying from IAD (which is even worse than BWI, but because of parking). I think we just need to petition US and the TSA until they give in on D.

------------------
Randy
-------------------------
HH Gold; WN CP; NW Gold Elite
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LUVSWA:
Somehow I highly doubt that one could consistently get through with a RR card as just about everyone and their brother has one, which would defeat the purpose. </font>
RR cards are good for use at priority security at SEA B gates...

hamburgler