Delayed NTP?

Subscribe
My son is going UM on SWA366. Left gate at 5:20. Never left ground. Now shows as Delayed NTP. What does that mean? (BTW, wife is at airport).

Thanks.
No time predicted, I'm guessing. Never heard that before.

Looks like it's currently in the air, departed 1h33m late from BWI at 7:05, scheduled in at PBI at 9:03 PM.
Quote: No time predicted, I'm guessing. Never heard that before.
I don't know what it is either, but it's gotta be better than "Delayed SOL".
Quote: I don't know what it is either, but it's gotta be better than "Delayed SOL".
Or "Delayed Delta-style."
Anyone Ever Figure Out NTP?
I searched but the previous posts are sketchy. Hubby's flight is showing Delayed NTP on WN's website and it shows as departed on Flightaware, with the original landing time still down, but there is no tracking. I should have known this would happen, since we have dinner reservations. I searched WN's website but see no explanation of that abbreviation.
Ntp
from a year ago on ft, a poster guessed No Time Predicted

Also there is Network Time Protocol, so maybe the aircraft is not transmitting something.

I think it is Turkish for "No Soup For You"
My husband managed to call in the meantime, and whatever it means, it sounds like the translation is "You're screwed." They're waiting indefinitely on the runway due to weather. I hope there's lots of peanuts and soda on board and that the toilet holding tanks are empty!
Of course it will

But seriously...as was discussed on prior occasions on this board WN's website isn't always(ever?) accurate. Best guess here is that it's a manually updated system and whoever at the station or the flight dispatcher is supposted to update it is too busy doing the important things that they need to do to minimize the delay.
So a flight I'm watching is now posting this exactly a year later after the original post. Did anyone figure out if NTP really is no time posted (ie screwed)?
How in the world did you find this thread - particularly from the airport.
Why doesn't some one pickup the phone???
One reason could be that picking up the phone merely connects you with SWA reservations, who tells you that they cannot help you because there is no "ITA" ("Interrupted Travel Advisory/Authorization," or something like that) connected with your PNR. Never mind that your one hour flight left 90+ minutes late and clearly arrived after your connecting flight departed, sorry, we cannot help you, nobody put an ITA in your record. Go ahead and spend the night trying to sleep in the airport, then take your chances with what the on-site personnel can do for you when they arrive in the morning.
Quote: One reason could be that picking up the phone merely connects you with SWA reservations, who tells you that they cannot help you because there is no "ITA" ("Interrupted Travel Advisory/Authorization," or something like that) connected with your PNR. Never mind that your one hour flight left 90+ minutes late and clearly arrived after your connecting flight departed, sorry, we cannot help you, nobody put an ITA in your record. Go ahead and spend the night trying to sleep in the airport, then take your chances with what the on-site personnel can do for you when they arrive in the morning.
you seem a tad bitter. almost as if something like this happened to you...
1) Googling delayed NTP found this thread as the first result
2) Since my flight was delayed NTP I had not much to do but wait and see.
3) I've often found Flyertalkers are much more informed than official airline representatives.
4) There are official and unofficial SWA folks on the board and I thought maybe they'd respond here.. wasn't an urgent question anyway.

I'm guessing no time posted is probably right, about 15 minutes afterwards all the flights showed a time. I'm thinking maybe SWA scheduling was deciding what to do after yet another flight delay (and the ripple effect is has on the schedule). SWA moved me up to an earlier flight without any question, and my checked bags were moved and made it despite me moving to that flight as the doors closed and just a few minutes before pushback. Despite some 'enhancements' in SW that I don't like, Southwest still impresses me for their operational efficiency.
Adding my "Delayed NTP" experience...

A relative was scheduled to connect yesterday on 1074, MDW-PHX, which was supposed to depart at 7:25PM and arrive at 10:15PM. Because of the winter weather advisory I switched his routing but kept an eye on this flight.

Yesterday afternoon that flight, and its originating leg out of ALB, switched from being on-time to "Delayed NTP" and stayed like that for several hours. I checked automated flight info (option 1 at 800-I-FLY-SWA) during that time it stated an arrival time bouncing between 12:45AM and 1:45AM.

At about 9:30PM MST I had access to a computer and checked the flight at three sources. Southwest.com showed "Delayed NTP" out of MDW and "Delayed" at PHX. Automated flight info listed 9:55PM departure and 12:45AM arrival. FlightAware listed 12:39AM departure and 4:09AM arrival.

When I was at the airport about an hour later to pick up my relative, the arrival board at the ticket counter listed a 5:30AM arrival time and automated flight info said the same thing. FlightAware this morning shows that the flight arrived at 7:40AM (!!!).