Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed NTP?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:30 pm
KC

Programs: Southwest A; Marriott Platinum
Anyone know what "Delayed NTP" means?

I'm seeing that on my flight status on SWABIZ right now (BUR-OAK, 1136)

Edit to add: thanks to a mod for moving this. I did a search on NTP and got no results.

Last edited by KC; Apr 7, 2011 at 7:55 pm
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Searching NTP results in this message:
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : NTP
Generally speaking, FT search ignores search terms shorter than four characters. In this case there are several solutions for that:
  • Search NTP* (* is the wildcard character);
  • Search "NTP";
  • Use FT's google custom site search form;
  • Use Google's site search syntax;
  • Google delayed NTP or "delayed NTP"…it is not a common phrase, so this thread is likely to be the #1 result.
These tips and more are discussed in the Technical Issues forum.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Bump. Tracking a flight that family is taking and it is listed on WN website under Flight Status as "Delayed NTP". Did anyone ever figure out what "NTP" means? SouthwestGabe, can you shed some light on this mystery?
Old May 3, 2013, 1:48 pm

Delayed - No Time Predicted
Old May 3, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Delayed - No Time Predicted
That would make sense. However, I'm confused since the flight already departed and indicates that on the departure status side. How can you not predict an arrival time if a flight has already departed and is in the air?
Old May 3, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by chuckworth
However, I'm confused since the flight already departed and indicates that on the departure status side. How can you not predict an arrival time if a flight has already departed and is in the air?
I could be wrong, but, my understanding of "departed" is push-back from the gate (maybe closure of aircraft door). WN had my MDW-EWR flight wait at MDW on Saturday for a while due to ATC delays in EWR after we taxied for a bit. So, IIRC, I suppose a flight could have "departed" and still have no arrival time predicted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.