Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 29, 07, 3:20 pm   #1

Fare Price Adjustment?

Hi all --

I purchased a flight from OAK-SAN before the current fare sale for $49 each way. Now, the fare each way is $44. Will Southwest match their current price? The flights I originally booked are now sold out for the $44 fare, so I wouldn't be able to cancel my itinerary and then rebook at the lower price.

Thanks in advance!
bthetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 07, 3:32 pm   #2

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC
No. If there are no more seats at the $44 fare, they will not reprice the itinerary at the lower fare. In order for a reprice to be done, a seat at the lower fare must be available for booking.
elron938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 07, 11:39 am   #3

You might try using Ding today, before 1:30pm. http://ding.southwest.com. They have $34 fares SAN-OAK.
aine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 07, 2:25 pm   #4

Programs: HA PP, Avis First
I just saved $27.00 on an existing resrevation because SWA came out with lower fares. Simply find your reservation thru their website, find the "Itineraries - Future Travel" page and click the words "Change Itinerary" - it will take you thru the steps of making the change including selecting the lower fare (if it is available). Your savings will be a SWA credit found under the original reservation code, not a cash refund.
gherkin94002 is offline   Reply With Quote