Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Price Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Fare Price Adjustment?

Hi all --

I purchased a flight from OAK-SAN before the current fare sale for $49 each way. Now, the fare each way is $44. Will Southwest match their current price? The flights I originally booked are now sold out for the $44 fare, so I wouldn't be able to cancel my itinerary and then rebook at the lower price.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
No. If there are no more seats at the $44 fare, they will not reprice the itinerary at the lower fare. In order for a reprice to be done, a seat at the lower fare must be available for booking.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:39 am

You might try using Ding today, before 1:30pm. http://ding.southwest.com. They have $34 fares SAN-OAK.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: HA PP, Avis First
I just saved $27.00 on an existing resrevation because SWA came out with lower fares. Simply find your reservation thru their website, find the "Itineraries - Future Travel" page and click the words "Change Itinerary" - it will take you thru the steps of making the change including selecting the lower fare (if it is available). Your savings will be a SWA credit found under the original reservation code, not a cash refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.