Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Old May 6, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I will also guess May 25th. at 10:15am CT.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me anymore -- since WN is being so stringy with low fare seats to SEA. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Old May 17, 2006, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me anymore -- since WN is being so stringy with low fare seats to SEA. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Actually, I think this makes it matter even more. With fewer low fare and RR seats available, you want to reserve as soon as the schedule becomes available.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:45 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Please keep this thread on topic so that it can be a useful resource.
Old May 26, 2006, 7:39 am

Schedule Extended !

Schedule is now extended to October 27, 2006. I received a DING! message to this effect.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: United, Southwest
Originally Posted by justageek
Consider this: The longer Southwest makes you wait, the less competitive the other airlines' fares will appear to be (because the other airlines' lowest-price buckets will be selling out).

If Southwest can "train" people not to buy tickets until Southwest opens its schedule, they can also appear to have a lower-priced product. Unsavvy travelers will never realize that they could have saved money by not waiting until Southwest opened its schedule.

In the most extreme case, if Southwest decided it would release its schedule no more than two weeks before the flights, they would always appear to have the lowest fares. And since Southwest is all about "training" the public to ignore the fact that there are other airlines with lower fares, this might just work.

Just a thought!
I don't want to fall into this trap of being trained by Southwest. So, your thoughts on whether i should book IAD to MCO for 12/28/06-1/1/07 for $327 RT, or whether i should wait for the release of these dates by Southwest?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:55 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Jones1234
I don't want to fall into this trap of being trained by Southwest. So, your thoughts on whether i should book IAD to MCO for 12/28/06-1/1/07 for $327 RT, or whether i should wait for the release of these dates by Southwest?
a) For peak travel times purchased far in advance, you typically do better with legacy carriers.

b) Please keep this thread on topic and post such requests for advice in another thread.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
any predictions on the 1st two and a half weeks of November?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Next Schedule Extension - for Thanksgiving!???

If the past is any indication, the next schedule extension should be about July 13th -- opening up the schedule to about 14 December.

This is an important one as it will open the Thanksgiving period up, the toughest time to get good fares and schedules --- and the all important Award travel.

For those experts, like curb, geek, gg, and nsx -- what are your opinions so I can get preparted?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:04 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The last two years that extension occured on July 15. I predict July 13 at 10:10 AM Central Time.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:16 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Question

When do they ususally open up reservations for the middle/end of December?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:41 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Humaniod
When do they ususally open up reservations for the middle/end of December?
This is in the FAQ.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
This is in the FAQ.
Then, why do we have this thread -- if all the answers are in the FAQ?
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deubster
Actually, I think this makes it matter even more. With fewer low fare and RR seats available, you want to reserve as soon as the schedule becomes available.
In some markets (i.e. to/from SEA), there are NO low fare or RR seats on many dates even on the day that the schedule opens.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 6:41 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by formeraa
Then, why do we have this thread -- if all the answers are in the FAQ?
This thread is for speculation, and the FAQ is for historical data. Since this is the official prediction thread, please keep it on topic. Non-official threads on this forum are free to wander.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.