Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ODD - A New sale started Monday!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

ODD - A New sale started Monday!

A "Nationwide Sale" started today Monday August 21, instead of Tuesday.
It goes until August 24.

Since this is a break in the normal practice I thought I'd post it.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:01 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Thanks so much for the heads-up on this sale. I've been preoccupied with eclipse travel. 100% successful trip, and I was glad to give away Kick Tail coupons to two exceptional Southwest employees. Now I can book another fun trip!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:05 pm

This one looks like a big one...I had previously refared FLL-BDL on Christmas ($120-->$63) and that is now $42! Also, refared a trip for my parents ($91-->$60 pp 1/w).

BDL-CLT in January is still in the $140 range...that's supposed to be my next trip I book...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:12 pm

Sigh... No big deals like that from my new airports, I'd hoped to find a lot of ~$50 fares in September to take a run at an A-Listers challenge that would extend me till the end of 2018.

Still some good deals for 'actual' travel, though, so we'll save some points on later trips. Actually appears to be a little better than yesterday, I think they're might be some matching going on...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:28 am

The only $49 advertised rate from Philly is a rarity - Philly to Nashville. That offer happens maybe once a year.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
The schedule release is on a Monday too. Isn't that also unusual?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:00 am

I was mistaken about this sale not really working out for my segment runs - forgot we have a trip to Miami early next month. Managed to get six separate tickets - with companion - for the return trip for <$350 all in. I was going to spend $50 a segment on a segment run! Gonna be a loooong day but I have a zillion drink coupons =p
steved5480 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
I was mistaken about this sale not really working out for my segment runs - forgot we have a trip to Miami early next month. Managed to get six separate tickets - with companion - for the return trip for <$350 all in. I was going to spend $50 a segment on a segment run! Gonna be a loooong day but I have a zillion drink coupons =p
Off topic: Assuming multiple flights same day/same destination, might this trigger auto-cancellation due to the Multiple/Conflicting Reservations policy?

Has anyone done a segment run since the policy went in place?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Off topic: Assuming multiple flights same day/same destination, might this trigger auto-cancellation due to the Multiple/Conflicting Reservations policy?

Has anyone done a segment run since the policy went in place?
I've actually asked this before in the thread re: autocancellation, and was told that WN will 'reactivate' the flights upon request - but I haven't done it myself. I'd been worrying/wondering the same. That's part of the reason I was so thrilled to be able to knock out six segments on a trip we were already taking!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by synergistic
I've actually asked this before in the thread re: autocancellation, and was told that WN will 'reactivate' the flights upon request - but I haven't done it myself. I'd been worrying/wondering the same. That's part of the reason I was so thrilled to be able to knock out six segments on a trip we were already taking!
Watch the reservations carefully! They REALLY need to tone down their auto cancel robot.

WN's system auto cancelled my wife last week. A-Llist checked her in at T-36, she printer paper BP at T-6hrs, then they cancelled at T-4hrs while she was on her way to the airpirt.

Made it VERY stressful. As a fluke I noticed the email just 12min after they emailed before I noticed and called. In that time, they had resold her seat and flight was now sold out. Her companion, 8yrs old, was not cancelled when the system booted her off.

Took a long phone call to get it resolved all flights were now full. They did overbook and VDB'd one person at the gate as a result.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
Watch the reservations carefully! They REALLY need to tone down their auto cancel robot.

WN's system auto cancelled my wife last week. A-Llist checked her in at T-36, she printer paper BP at T-6hrs, then they cancelled at T-4hrs while she was on her way to the airpirt.

Made it VERY stressful. As a fluke I noticed the email just 12min after they emailed before I noticed and called. In that time, they had resold her seat and flight was now sold out. Her companion, 8yrs old, was not cancelled when the system booted her off.

Took a long phone call to get it resolved all flights were now full. They did overbook and VDB'd one person at the gate as a result.
Oh, boy - I'd thought that if I was sitting pretty by checkin, I was golden. I'll definitely keep an eye on it, losing a single segment would throw a wrench in the whole darned trip home. I left at over an hour between each segment, but would be up a creek if I missed any entirely.

May I ask for some details? Like, how far in advance did she book (clearly at least 36 hours) and had it already been autocancelled/reinstated? What was the 'conflict' that caused the autocancellation?

Last edited by synergistic; Aug 23, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by expert7700
They did overbook and VDB'd one person at the gate as a result.
Costs like this are probably the only way this problem will be addressed any time soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.