Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

I am not able to book a flight online, 8/13/17 a.m.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP/A-List

Anyone else?
I saw the available flights earlier for OAK --> SEA for today, but now I'm not able to book a flight. It goes to the 'Oops' screen.
Mr. drooley, who is A-list, got stuck in the glitch, which does not recognize A/A+ list status for preferred boarding. I was going to cancel his flight and upgrade him to BS. Grrrrr! Boy, am I glad I did not cancel his existing flight.
Southwest must have one of the worst web sites and IT departments ever!!!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:57 am

I was able to change a flight - which I believe the system sees as something very similar to booking a new flight - at right about the time you posted this. I have had several instances lately where I can't even search for flights without an error, which can seemingly only be 'fixed' by using incognito mode. I've also had multiple cancelled points reservations require a phone call to get my points refunded. I haven't been terribly impressed with the WN IT department as of late.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Since the flight was booked through Mr. drooley's business travel company, I couldn't change the flight or upgrade to BS. I always have to cancel the existing flight first, then book a new flight.
I was finally able to see the flights again so I canceled the existing flight and booked a BS fare.
Just by doing some quick searches online, it seems that WN and their IT dept. have been screwed up even more than usual (if that's possible), as of late.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:30 am

They all come crawlin' back
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:54 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I'm having trouble making a change using travel funds this morning. Anyone else with a similar problem? (It's hard to tell what's the if the problem is with the IT system or with the travel funds - sometimes things get messed up because my middle name has a space in it, and the WN system isn't always consistent about keeping the space in there...)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:58 pm

Whole lot of Oops'ing going on ... can't search for flights. At all.

Fancy looking new site, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.