FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1860589-list-preferred-status-gone-reservations-today.html)

kaller Aug 12, 2017 1:33 pm

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Checked-in for tomorrow's flights and got A57 & B7 and no A-List Preferred on my boarding passes. Checked future reservations (all 28) and saw "Add EarlyBird Check-In" buttons. Called the ALP line and was told there was a "glitch" and the technical staff was working the issue. All they could do for me was hack tomorrow's reservation so A-List Preferred would show-up on my boarding pass and allow me to board (maybe) earlier than B7 on one flight. Consider me :mad:

justhere Aug 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by kaller (Post 28681411)
Checked-in for tomorrow's flights and got A57 & B7 and no A-List Preferred on my boarding passes. Checked future reservations (all 28) and saw "Add EarlyBird Check-In" buttons. Called the ALP line and was told there was a "glitch" and the technical staff was working the issue. All they could do for me was hack tomorrow's reservation so A-List Preferred would show-up on my boarding pass and allow me to board (maybe) earlier than B7 on one flight. Consider me :mad:

No maybe about it. You can board right after A60. Doesn't fix your problem so more of an FYI.

kaller Aug 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by justhere (Post 28681483)
No maybe about it. You can board right after A60. Doesn't fix your problem so more of an FYI.

The crowd of A-List Preferred and A-List fliers will all be there with me! Not sure who was awarded A16 etc. EBCE? See if they'll comp the $40 sequence upgrade tomorrow.....

ursine1 Aug 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Southwest's tagline should be "Glitch."

This is a known issue that started yesterday. It's unlikely it will be addressed until (at the earliest) Monday. Apparently they don't have IT staff working on the weekend.

A-Listers are allowed to board at the end of the A group, but without "A-List" printed on your boarding pass it's tricky. Reports are some Ops agents aren't allowing it unless you show your A-List card.

Gate agents are saying they have no way of comping Upgraded Boarding, but advising purchase and reaching out to Customer Relations after travel is complete to request a refund.

Mort Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

As an A+ I got stuck with B59 and B34 on my legs tomorrow. I decided just to laugh it off. It's not the end of the world to board after A60. It's probably healthy to be reminded once in a while how good I've got it -- most of the time, anyway!:rolleyes:

tbonebkd Aug 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Flying CUN-DEN tomorrow. Got B42 with A+ while CP wife got A29 with EBCI.

Marko123 Aug 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Flying PIT-BWI Sunday afternoon and got B53 as an A List preferred. Wife got B52 as an A lister. This is strange to me because I used points and she paid cash weeks later. Different tickets of course.

Flying BWI-BDL later Sunday night alone and I got B34.

No status showing on the BP's either.

ursine1 Aug 13, 2017 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Marko123 (Post 28682920)
Flying PIT-BWI Sunday afternoon and got B53 as an A List preferred. Wife got B52 as an A lister. This is strange to me because I used points and she paid cash weeks later. Different tickets of course.

Flying BWI-BDL later Sunday night alone and I got B34.

No status showing on the BP's either.

Payment method means nothing, without status your positions were based on manual check in order.

If you have your A-List member cards, show them to board at end of A group.

Marko123 Aug 13, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 28683034)
Payment method means nothing, without status your positions were based on manual check in order.

If you have your A-List member cards, show them to board at end of A group.

That's right, thanks. We don't have them with us on this trip. Sigh.

drooley Aug 13, 2017 8:45 am

Mr. drooley, who is A-List, got B1 for his flight today, just because he was bored and happened to check in at close to T-24. As others have mentioned, the boarding pass does not have A-List printed on it.
It's kind of funny because I just told him very recently, he doesn't need to keep pulling out, or even carrying, his A-List card, it's printed on his BP. I'm glad he doesn't always listen to me. :p

joshua362 Aug 13, 2017 8:52 am

Maybe print out proof of status from the website? Got to be a pretty well known problem at this point.

Sounds like another WN IT clusterF.

How they pass Sarbanes-Oxley certification annually amazes me.

justhere Aug 13, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by kaller (Post 28681521)
The crowd of A-List Preferred and A-List fliers will all be there with me! Not sure who was awarded A16 etc. EBCE? See if they'll comp the $40 sequence upgrade tomorrow.....

You don't know that. Presumably A16 went to someone with A+. No reason to think it was someone who bought EBCI.

I get that it's frustrating that for whatever reason your status didn't show on this reservation. Most times A61 is still going to get you a window or aisle. Maybe a little further back but not the worst thing in the world.
​​​​​​

Tanic Aug 13, 2017 9:12 am

Originally Posted by joshua362 (Post 28684119)
Maybe print out proof of status from the website?

In the iPhone Southwest app under "My Account" it displays A-List status. I would think that would satisfy a questioning OA to board at A61.

parkums Aug 13, 2017 9:14 am

Same thing happened to me with my flight for tomorrow. Fortunately got A-55....

synergistic Aug 13, 2017 9:27 am

My whole A-List status disappeared from my account for a couple months, and I didn't figure it out till I was assigned a truly heinous boarding position when checking in as I arrived at the airport.

I was annoyed, but some kind soul let me board with the families, though I had exactly zero proof that I was 'supposed' to have A-List, because I earned mine through a challenge and wasn't anywhere near 25 paid flights. After that I carried my physical card with me and had no problems boarding at A-61, which was fine by me.

EDIT: I suppose it doesn't matter, but the reason I didn't have that fixed immediately was because I'd somehow been targeted for a 2x points / A-List challenge that would give me status until Dec 2018 instead, and I was pretty concerned that they'd boot me if I fixed it. I waited until I got an EXTREMELY helpful agent in customer relations for an unrelated issue, and explained that my priority was to maintain eligibility for the new promotion - she was able to get me sorted in something like four hours, and I'm still registered for the new promo.