Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777
I checked in for my flight tomorrow right at T-24 and ended up where I should be (close to A16). This reservation was ticketed a few weeks ago. Perhaps the issue is fixed? I didn't call to have anything done manually.
I just checked in for my flight tomorrow evening and even though I had Reservations update my account I got A-46 at almost exactly T-24, about 20 places lower than usual and about what I used to get when I lost status for a while. My wife who had her reservation for today updated at the same time got A-16 for her flight this evening. Neither of our flights beyond September 1 show any status.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Aug 18, 2017 at 10:58 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kaller
Status as of 6:30PM Herb Time 8/16.

New reservations and those fixed by Customer Service look fine; no EBCI and show my A-List Preferred status. My other 24 reservations are still broken; no status and an EBCI button.
At 1500 points per occurrence I'm happy to have them take their time fixing it. @:-)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nsx
At 1500 points per occurrence I'm happy to have them take their time fixing it. @:-)
I was affected but was not proactively contacted for the 1500 points. Has anyone pursued the points without having received the email?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by zachary
My next flight is Saturday, so I called today and had things manually fixed. Fortunately, I only had six reservations and one of them had not been effected. It still took 45 minutes.
What does this mean? I have 2 flights in 2 weeks (Aug & Sept) and both reservations show me as A-list. Is there something else I need to do?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
Welcome to FlyerTalk !

Guessing you meant "do NOT" in your last sentence. Based of recent updates from other members, it appears you may receive an email & TQP points as noted here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ons-today.html

Presumably you're good with buying gramma her own cash ticket for future BOS runs, since United & Jet Blue dont do CPs.
Thanks for the welcome and for catching my mistake ! I've now corrected my statement.
As for Grand ma's ticket to Boston she retired from an airline so she flys for free on another. We just use CP because we can. BTW I did get my email last night but my future flights still are not correct . Just not sure why they settled on a compensation before they fix the issue ? Time on the phone is valuable time waisted and phone help still not very helpful!
steved5480 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:32 pm

While great that they are tier qualifying, 1,500 points are only worth about $28.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... and? Why would I pass that up?!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:47 pm

Because you trade priority boarding, which to many is worth more than $28?

Also -- someone please chime in if I'm wrong -- there's no evidence that Southwest is continuing to issue these points going forward, even though the issue for many remains unresolved.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:27 pm

Are the people getting the extra points receiving them after their flights occurring? I received B13 for tomorrow morning's flight and received no such email.

thanks
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:53 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ursine1
Also -- someone please chime in if I'm wrong -- there's no evidence that Southwest is continuing to issue these points going forward, even though the issue for many remains unresolved.
[CHIME]Southwest emailed me once Monday regarding my Monday flight and once today regarding today's flight. So 2x1500 for me.[/CHIME]
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
[CHIME]Southwest emailed me once Monday regarding my Monday flight and once today regarding today's flight. So 2x1500 for me.[/CHIME]
Awesome -- thanks for the info. Good to hear they (apparently) didn't just do a one-time sweep. Looks like the "fix" is on-going, as many on FB and Twitter are still reporting not receiving their correct boarding positions for flights tomorrow. Sadly, many are also reporting not receiving any compensation at all (yet, at least).

Southwest had stated that the "fix would be complete" starting with reservations this afternoon (Wednesday, Aug. 16), but that doesn't seem to be completely true... hopefully this isn't also the cutoff for any automatic compensation.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
This morning, two flights they fixed yesterday are showing A-List. Several they "fixed" are not-and are showing EBCI option. I am on the phone with them now. The agent (who is being very helpful) says they are showing A List-but also will let her process EBCI. She's working with IT to resolve. Hopefully, I don't have the trips canceled.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Ok so I don't understand why anyone would call southwest and expand to have them "fix" all their future reservations (that don't happen for weeks or months). My next flight is in two weeks. If the issue isn't resolved I'll call four days before and have them fix it for that round trip. Not sure why so many people are calling about flights far into the future.

Yesterday an agent told me someone asked her to process the "manual fix" for 42 reservations.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Ok so I don't understand why anyone would call southwest and expand to have them "fix" all their future reservations (that don't happen for weeks or months). My next flight is in two weeks. If the issue isn't resolved I'll call four days before and have them fix it for that round trip. Not sure why so many people are calling about flights far into the future.

Yesterday an agent told me someone asked her to process the "manual fix" for 42 reservations.
Agreed, but I have three transcons next week that I do want addressed. They offered to review the rest.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Juanefny

Making WN manually fix this stuff and waste a ton on manpower provides an incentive for them to fix the problem and be careful not to repeat it.
drooley and steved5480 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.