Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: RR & Emerald Club
All my flights were fixed automatically

My app checked me in normally this morning and my other three legs this week look good now.

I manage IT Ops and CS Ops for a similarly sized organization and WNs response is acceptable to good on this issue. This is an extremely complex fix that has to be tested at various levels.

i am sure they will be looking at proactive analytics to predict and test future ops cycles. I have a team that runs systems a week ahead to smoke out issues like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:02 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by cpatrick
Just got this email from Southwest. 1,500 TQP is a nice gesture, and in the grand scheme of things it really was only an inconvenience, at least for me. Recognition of loyalty and a positive step towards building goodwill is nice to see.
Same here. B4 for tomorrow so auto check-in failed.

1500 TQPs really messes up my run toward A-list preferred. I was on track to re-qualify at just under 11k TQP's with my next $49 flight, a personal best.

Well, 49 flights at under 11k TQPs is still an achievement.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by TXVP
My app checked me in normally this morning and my other three legs this week look good now.

I manage IT Ops and CS Ops for a similarly sized organization and WNs response is acceptable to good on this issue. This is an extremely complex fix that has to be tested at various levels.

i am sure they will be looking at proactive analytics to predict and test future ops cycles. I have a team that runs systems a week ahead to smoke out issues like this.
I'm not seeing A list showing on any on my reservations. It's offering to let me buy EBCI.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tbonebkd
Did you have 1 flight for the 1,500? I got the email for 3,000 but I had 1 flight on Sunday and another on Monday messed up. Looks like they are doing 1,500 per fligh.
I came here to ask the same question. I got 3,000 and am ALP and had 2 flights affected. My wife got 1,500 and is A and had 1 flight affected so we were wondering if it was 1,500 per flight or different point amounts for A and ALP.

I booked a r/t this afternoon and it shows my ALP correctly. I looked at the 2 reservations I have in December and it shows no status and offers me ECBI. I'm hoping they will get fixed on their own.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I got the email and 3,000 points. I did a round trip yesterday and my status wasn't on the outbound. Called after check-in and they added my status. Return auto checked-in at T24 with an A19. Outbound flight actually requalified me for A-list so the points are just a good gesture.

I survived the ordeal of having to wait 3 extra minutes to board just fine.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:43 pm

i am sure they will be looking at proactive analytics to predict and test future ops cycles.
Bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaa! Good one!
joshua362, drooley and steved5480 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass

LMAO

Your company is very fortunate to have you.
joshua362 and drooley like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Fenwaybleacher
My wife (companion ) and I went to visit the grand kids in Boston last weekend Saturday we checked in for our flight home Sunday and discovered this issue going back to Denver. We checked in right on time as always (being Alist preferred) for a few years, it's habit. I got A49 but my companion got a better number A46 ? How could this be .... first I've never been more than A1- 5 and my wife as a companion most times gets Low B's. so I called in and got a stone wall "that can't happen " and then " no worries your in the A group so you can board with them " . So I asked for a supervisor, and after 5 minute wait this woman came on ready for a fight. When I explained my Companion level status she acted as if she could care less and all I got was 10 minutes of what they would not do for me. After I explained my wife got a lower boarding number she then admitted there was a glitch and there was nothing they could do. I asked her to put me in 1 to 15 and she said she had no authority to do that ? ( why?) She then told me they could do it for me at the gate if their was opening space so when I got to the gate I again explained the issues and the gate agent acted if nothing was wrong. I then showed her my boarding pass without A list perfered on it then she said there was an issue but she would need to charge me $40 to put me 1 - 15. It's just outrageous to me that southwest shows no care or concern for their best customers ! I was so out raged at Southwest lack of caring about this that today I cancelled my flight on them and book my flight on another airlines. I have 3 more upcoming flight already booked on Southwest but if they do compensate their A listers I will cancel those as well.
Welcome to FlyerTalk !

Guessing you meant "do NOT" in your last sentence. Based of recent updates from other members, it appears you may receive an email & TQP points as noted here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ons-today.html

Presumably you're good with buying gramma her own cash ticket for future BOS runs, since United & Jet Blue dont do CPs.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Very odd. EBCI should, in theory, be assigned in order of purchase. Did you happen to contact WN?
Not worth the hassle as I boarded only a few spots behind my wife and there was only maybe 3 or 4 A 1 -15 boarders on both flights. We only had one carry on for the overhead so she took that with her.

It did make me realize paying for 2 EBCI is probably a waste though as I asked the people around me and everyone said they checked in at T-24.

Maybe I'll send an email tomorrow and see if I'm offered some free points
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:06 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
1. Has this issued been resolved?
2. For the folks who are contacting customer service: Does getting the status added back onto the reservation result in the auto check-in or is the point of this to have the AL/ALP reflected on the boarding pass in order to board at A61+?

THX

Edited to add:
DH's reservations still have the "Add Early Bird" option, but my companion pass reservations are indicating AL. Our next flight is on Sunday--I'm trying to decide if calling customer service will result in any net benefit as we will be in the air (flying brand "X") at the 24 hour check-in time for the SWA flight.

Last edited by dc2; Aug 16, 2017 at 6:14 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by dc2
1. Has this issued been resolved?
2. For the folks who are contacting customer service: Does getting the status added back onto the reservation result in the auto check-in or is the point of this to have the AL/ALP reflected on the boarding pass in order to board at A61+?

THX

Edited to add:
DH's reservations still have the "Add Early Bird" option, but my companion pass reservations are indicating AL. Our next flight is on Sunday--I'm trying to decide if calling customer service will result in any net benefit as we will be in the air (flying brand "X") at the 24 hour check-in time for the SWA flight.
I called SWA while driving to work this morning. Three flights next week and they had to add A List to each. Was very easy and they were quite helpful, so even though it may be fixed for future flights-its not fixed for existing.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I called SWA while driving to work this morning. Three flights next week and they had to add A List to each. Was very easy and they were quite helpful, so even though it may be fixed for future flights-its not fixed for existing.
Yes, I, too, had to have them go through each of my existing reservations, one-by-one, to have the rep manually fix them--taking about an hour and 1/2.

More of the reservations that were 'fixed' during a previous call were 'undone' yesterday, and, in fact three of my reservations had the RR number (and, of course, the status) removed by the crack SWA Technology Team yesterday. Fortunately I keep an Excel file with all my flight info, that I could easily reference, to provide the information to SWA.

All told, I've spent well over 3 hours on the phone with SWA dealing with this.

But, hey, I got 1500 RR points!
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:00 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
I checked in last night for a 7:20pm flight today and my A List status was attached to the reservation and I had boarding position A31. I'm assuming I was either unaffected or the issues have been fixed.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:04 am

Ours are not fixed, except for a few that were done manually by SWA over the phone.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Aug 16, 2017 at 9:58 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by JCN
I checked in last night for a 7:20pm flight today and my A List status was attached to the reservation and I had boarding position A31. I'm assuming I was either unaffected or the issues have been fixed.
Was this a ticket you bought before the IT crash happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.