Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:26 am

My next flight is Saturday, so I called today and had things manually fixed. Fortunately, I only had six reservations and one of them had not been effected. It still took 45 minutes.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
Not only that but its clear they don't robustly test programming changes before moving into production which is contrary to so many established controls and protocols, again, I don't understand how they pass Sarbanes - Oxley certification annually.
I'm not sure how SOX is relevant here, since to pass your SOX certification you only need to have appropriate internal controls over financial reporting, regardless of how well their IT systems or operational controls are performing. I don't think its hard to imagine how they could have adequate controls over their GL/accounting system while their flight or other software have issues.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
http://www.azcentral.com/story/trave...ers/567093001/
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by zachary
My next flight is Saturday, so I called today and had things manually fixed. Fortunately, I only had six reservations and one of them had not been effected. It still took 45 minutes.
Not once in any of the correspondence I've seen from SWA have I seen any comment on the time that it is wasting their A-List and A-List Preferred members in order to get their reservations updated.

The only thing I've seen them fixate on is the boarding priority and how you can board between A and B groups. They are ignoring and minimizing the time wasted.

My biggest issue is the time wasted dealing with the reservation agents to get the reservations corrected, one-by-one.
drooley and steved5480 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'm not sure how SOX is relevant here, since to pass your SOX certification you only need to have appropriate internal controls over financial reporting, regardless of how well their IT systems or operational controls are performing. I don't think its hard to imagine how they could have adequate controls over their GL/accounting system while their flight or other software have issues.
Well, I tried that argument with our external auditors for 10+ year with no avail. Granted even now it seems like they are still making things up on the fly and opinions change at will.

That said, even operational systems provide revenue recognition data (such the event that a plane has taken off) and other statistics that end up in the footnotes & 10K.

This glitch having an potential impact on the financial statements? Hard to say but if this was selected for testing it would be a bust. Then again, the remediation process to fix it by year end without disclosure is pretty simple, SOX really has little teeth in reality.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Well, I tried that argument with our external auditors for 10+ year with no avail. Granted even now it seems like they are still making things up on the fly and opinions change at will.

That said, even operational systems provide revenue recognition data (such the event that a plane has taken off) and other statistics that end up in the footnotes & 10K.

This glitch having an potential impact on the financial statements? Hard to say but if this was selected for testing it would be a bust. Then again, the remediation process to fix it by year end without disclosure is pretty simple, SOX really has little teeth in reality.
Good point, I'm not sure what back-end systems they use and how those interact, but if they are interfacing with the GL then you would have various entity-level controls that would be expected to be deficient.

You're definitely right about the fact that SOX seems to often just be another hoop to jump through. Auditing is much more subjective than most people realize, and whether or not a deficiency is reported is very dependent on the partner, the prestige of the client, the audit fee, and a client's willingness to accept or push back on an opinion.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I checked in for my flight tomorrow right at T-24 and ended up where I should be (close to A16). This reservation was ticketed a few weeks ago. Perhaps the issue is fixed? I didn't call to have anything done manually.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: WN A-list, WN Companion Pass, Marriott Platinum
On a ballgame trip with my brother to BOS and PIT. Went to switch him to my companion on Saturday and was told that all my future companion bookings would be dropped. Didn't change since I have thanksgiving Saturday booked. When I went to check my brother in last pm for a flight to PIT he got A47 to BWI and A49 to PIT. I then checked to see my boarding passes and had A49 and B4 respectively. Called WN and was told I could board between A & B. Nothing they could do about didn't want to piss off the ones who paid $15 and Alist board after A15. WN is no longer my airline of choice after 40 years of being a loyal customer. Maybe all the Wanna get away and points flyer won't notice the "poor service". My rant for the day

Last edited by Redbirdfan; Aug 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm Reason: Autocorrect
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777
I checked in for my flight tomorrow right at T-24 and ended up where I should be (close to A16). This reservation was ticketed a few weeks ago. Perhaps the issue is fixed? I didn't call to have anything done manually.
6 flights booked in the next 2 weeks, 4 are back to not showing the EBCI link, the other 2 still show EBCI link; looks like they are working on it
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Redbirdfan
Went to switch him to my companion on Saturday and was told that all my future companion bookings would be dropped.
This has always been the case.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: WN A-list, WN Companion Pass, Marriott Platinum
Did it last year took my nephew to DC. Switched him to companion then switched my wife back after the trip. Didn't lose her reservations.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Status as of 6:30PM Herb Time 8/16.

New reservations and those fixed by Customer Service look fine; no EBCI and show my A-List Preferred status. My other 24 reservations are still broken; no status and an EBCI button.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Additional data point: When I few SB on Monday my reissued BP didn't have A-LP but they fixed it in the computer (manual entry of my RR, IIRC) and got a new BP with it so I could board at A-61.

I now have a res for tomorrow afternoon that was bought before the glitch occurred. I didn't call WN (A-61 is good enough for me, I always sit in the back anyway) and when I checked in I have A-LP on my BP (and A-20-something). I was kind of hoping they hadn't fully fixed it, as I got 1500 RRs for my Monday flight, and I'd gladly exchange boarding at A-61 for 1500RR again!

ETA: I just checked- my August flights have been fixed (or weren't broken), but from September onwards are showing no status. I guess it'll be a little bit before it catches up to them all. (I wonder how many, on average, total booked seats are in the WN systems on any given day?)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Redbirdfan
Did it last year took my nephew to DC. Switched him to companion then switched my wife back after the trip. Didn't lose her reservations.
You got lucky. Many many reports here of people losing CP reservations when switching C.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
It was a mess at LAX on Sunday evening. The gate agent was able to reprint my C1 boarding pass to show that I was A+, but then they boarded everybody (A+, A, families and "extra time") boarders altogether after A60. A listers were clearly angry. I was "upstaged" by somebody with "XT" written in pen on her boarding pass. Since when did "passengers needing a little extra time" NOT preboard with the handicapped?

Called the A+ number this morning and had all future flights fixed to show status. The kind agent said she had been working for Southwest for 24 years and had never seen this IT glitch before.

Got A40 out of Denver tomorrow. Hope the gate agents have adopted the BS, A+, A, then A16---- boarding sequence by now.
Extra Time passengers have always boarded between groups A and B.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.