Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Oops! The form of payment selected cannot be applied to this reservation ..."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I am trying to add EBCI to an existing reservation and keep getting this error, even before I select the form of payment. I click on 'continue to payment' and the error shows up at the top of the page. It worked fine for another reservation yesterday but I keep getting the error on this one particular itinerary. The whole message is, "Oops! The form of payment selected cannot be applied to this reservation. Please select an alternate form of payment and try again. (46207 - 13616)"

I'm traveling now but will give them a call when I get home if I'm still having the problem. Just wondering if this is a known bug (saw an old reference to something similar). Thx.

Last edited by eerickso; Jun 29, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:59 am

I haven't seen that specific message/error before, but it seems in line with the others being reported, which are most likely related to the new booking system.

Remember when, days after conversion, everyone thought it went so well?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:35 am

I got that error recently when modifying a reservation and trying to pay the difference with a small TTF that would have left a very small balance to be paid by credit card ( less than a dollar). I just paid the whole thing by credit card and used the TTF on another reservation. Not sure why I got the error.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
This has happened to me when the the credit card on file had past its expiration date....under the old system.

BTW, you still cannot use your rapid rewards account number to print a boarding pass at a kiosk. This "new system" error stands uncorrected. Happened to me at PDX yesterday.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by dlaue
This has happened to me when the the credit card on file had past its expiration date....under the old system.

BTW, you still cannot use your rapid rewards account number to print a boarding pass at a kiosk. This "new system" error stands uncorrected. Happened to me at PDX yesterday.
As far as I was aware, the kiosk issue was resolved...hmmmm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:15 pm

I got an error using my RR number as well, but there was also some sort of issue with my ticket - I ended up with a C-49 boarding pass, and no mention of A-List! Actually, looking at my account now, it looks like my A-List has disappeared, where it used to say that I was A-List till the end of the year. Not sure when that happened, hopefully it's not a lot of trouble to get it sorted.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I ended up calling in. The rep couldn't explain why the error was appearing. Sounds like the system is still pretty buggy.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by jco613
As far as I was aware, the kiosk issue was resolved...hmmmm
As a data point: the kiosk at PDX which did not accept my rapid rewards number was one of the universal kiosks, offering check-in for several airlines, including Southwest. It was not a Southwest kiosk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.