Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking companion online claims flight sold out BUT WGA for sale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]

Hi all,

I had a somewhat strange episode with WN (or should I say "a typical WN IT issue"?) today that I thought I should share.

I have a ticket (booked ~ 1 week after the switch to the new system) for two passengers on the same confirmation #; same day "round trip" AAA-BBB/BBB-CCC-DDD. One of the passengers has earned CP; today I tried to add the companion.

When clicking on "Add Companion" from the main account page, I got (several times) a message along the lines of <CP not available - your flight is full. Pick a different flight and try again.> However, when I then went to the flight booking page the flights that I was trying to add the companion to were all for sale at WGA prices!

I finally gave up and called. They got the companion booked, but it took awhile to get everything straightened out.

The phone agent said at first that the problem was that we had only been charged $5.60 pp instead of $11.20 for the original booking, but she retracted that & said that $5.60 was correct when she came back on the phone to finish booking the companion. I'm guessing that since the "stopover" at BBB is less than 4 hours (so really a layover), $5.60 is in fact correct.

Question: has this happened to anyone else here?

I have booked this type of "round trip" AAA-BBB/BBB-CCC-DDD (but different cities than the above case) several times before; the only differences I can come up with are 1) there was no extra person on the same confirmation # as the CP holder and 2) the new booking system. Thoughts (or even semi-educated guesses) welcome...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:20 pm

Happens frequently, give it a day and it works online, or then call in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.