Strange sound on approach to BNA and BWI?

Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Strange sound on approach to BNA and BWI?

Hello everyone!

Two weeks ago on my STL-BNA-BWI flight (WN 1072 on 6-9-17), I noticed a very strange phenomena while on approach that I have never heard before on a 737-300. I heard a loud humming noise that lasted 1 minute while approaching BNA and about 3 minutes approaching BWI. The whole plane was vibrating My guess was that this was happening when deploying the landing gear.

I have flown on the 733 numerous times, but this was the first time I have heard something like this while flying on the 733. After landing at BWI, I did see what appeared to be a few maintenance workers looking at the plane. I checked the flight status of that plane, and sure enough, it flew the rest of its routes that day, no cancellations. Whatever caused it wasn't serious enough to cancel subsequent legs I suppose.

Have any of you ever seen or heard this? And if so, what caused it?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Flap motor? You could hear this several times in the final 10 minutes of flight. Each time the flaps were extended more.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Bonnaroo?

Nope, doesn't explain BWI.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.