Wiki Posts
Search

Gate agent takes delay helping passenger

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:36 pm
FSU
Original Poster

Gate agent takes delay helping passenger

Flying from Vegas to Chicago, I was seated in the bulkhead row. Elderly woman was seated next to me by the window. She looked out and recognized her suitcase on a unhooked baggage cart on the tarmac next to the plane a few minutes before departure. Very worried she asked the flight attendant to check into it. Flight attendant said many bags look alike, but would check into it when she saw how worried the passenger was.

A couple of minutes later the gate agent came on to give the final count and the flight attendant mentioned the luggage issue to her. Without hesitation and with a big smile, she walked down to the tarmac, and checked the suitcase herself. I was amazed. She give a thumbs up and returned to the plane confirming that it was not the passengers. Just before the door closed, about 15 seconds past departure time I overheard her tell the flight attendant that she was given a 1 minute delay as a result. Didn't seem to upset, hopefully this wont count against her as it was such a customer friendly move and really cost so little time.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
It's the little things that make a difference
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
This is very good customer service to go out of the way to make sure.
I'd do the same thing to make sure that it was or wasn't her bag.
It's nice when people go out of their way to help others.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
This is one of the reasons that we fly Southwest. I do not know how the "corporate culture" manages to do it, but SWA employees come across as more caring, willing to take a few extra steps as in this case to calm the concerns of a worried passenger. Sure, there are occasional exceptions to this observation, but the ratio of caring employees to don't give a **** employees is more favorable with SWA than with any other transportation company that we use, airline or otherwise. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.