Wiki Posts
Search

Deadline to cancel SW award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Deadline to cancel SW award ticket?

When is the latest I can cancel an award ticket and get full refund of points? Thx
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:50 pm

Ten minutes before boarding for instant points refund, you can no show and still get them back a day or two later. Don't remember how the fees work, I always just reuse them on other trips.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:51 pm

There is none. If you no-show, the points are still refunded to the purchaser's account. (Points bookings are exempt -- for now -- from the No-Show Policy, which requires cancellation 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure for refund.)

No Show Policy: If you are not planning to travel on any portion of this itinerary, please cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. Customers who fail to cancel reservations for a Wanna Get Away fare segment at least ten (10) minutes prior to travel and who do not board the flight will be considered a no show, and all remaining unused Wanna Get Away funds will be forfeited. All remaining unused Business Select and Anytime funds will be converted to reusable travel funds for the originally ticketed Passenger only. If you no show your reward travel reservation, the points will be redeposited to the purchaser’s Rapid Rewards account. Any taxes and fees associated with your reward travel reservation will be held for future use in the form of reusable travel funds under the name of the traveler(s).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

As fate would have it, I forgot to cancel a points booking before the plane took off. How do I get the points back for the no-show?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:14 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by italdesign
As fate would have it, I forgot to cancel a points booking before the plane took off. How do I get the points back for the no-show?
Wait a day and the points will return to your account automatically. You have a travel credit for $5.60 or $11.20.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Originally Posted by italdesign
I just did the same thing...no show on a points reservation...three days later and no points back in my account. Called in and they magically released them and full refund of security deposit back to card.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PAX62
three days later and no points back in my account. Called in and they magically released them and full refund of security deposit back to card.
Same here. Tired of waiting, asked and received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.