Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

I Feel Good Southwest Refunded my Non-Refundable Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Feel Good Southwest Refunded my Non-Refundable Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles
Thumbs up I Feel Good Southwest Refunded my Non-Refundable Ticket

I feel real good about getting a $CASH refund for my Southwest ticket. I
thought I was just going to have to cancel a flight I could no longer take.
But to my surprise, I was given a 'FULL' refund even though the ticket
was Non-Refundable.

"Low fares. Nothing to hide." I believe.^^
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Glad you feel good.

Who do you work for??
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
This poster seems way more interested in acquiring cash from Southwest than in anything related to the actual flying experience.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

You can be Happy For Pax

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
This poster seems way more interested in acquiring cash from Southwest than in anything related to the actual flying experience.
Tons of SOUR ppl on this Thread. Why not be glad thing s worked out in favor of a pax?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Truly a bizarre series of posts if you check the history. Wonder what it's all about?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer
I feel real good about getting a $CASH refund for my Southwest ticket. I
thought I was just going to have to cancel a flight I could no longer take.
But to my surprise, I was given a 'FULL' refund even though the ticket
was Non-Refundable.

"Low fares. Nothing to hide." I believe.^^
Did you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking it or more than 24 hours? If more than 24 hours (or I guess technically after the next day after booking), what did you have to do to get the cash refund? I think a lot of people here would be very interested to know how you were able to do that. And just to confirm, it was a Wanna Get Away fare and not an Anytime or Business Select Fare, correct?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
ignore list
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:38 am

Tons of SOUR ppl on this Thread. Why not be glad thing s worked out in favor of a pax?
I think we would all be interested in knowing the circumstances behind how you were able to get a cash refund. We are glad for you, but being that many others can't get the same thing, we'll just like to hear your entire experience.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Just one of those Freak things.

Originally Posted by justhere
Did you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking it or more than 24 hours? If more than 24 hours (or I guess technically after the next day after booking), what did you have to do to get the cash refund? I think a lot of people here would be very interested to know how you were able to do that. And just to confirm, it was a Wanna Get Away fare and not an Anytime or Business Select Fare, correct?
I was totally shocked to get a cash refund. At the time, I did not know about the 24hr rule. Moreover, 2x Days had elapsed prior to my call to the DL agent (on the 800 number) about canceling my flight. Got Lucky I guess.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:09 am

I was totally shocked to get a cash refund. At the time, I did not know about the 24hr rule. Moreover, 2x Days had elapsed prior to my call to the DL agent (on the 800 number) about canceling my flight. Got Lucky I guess.
Lucky for sure. I think what most impresses me is the ability for a DL agent to process a WN cash refund for you. This just gets better and better!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Lucky for sure. I think what most impresses me is the ability for a DL agent to process a WN cash refund for you. This just gets better and better!
It may have been a good story by the DL agent to help get the OP off the line.

OP, I'd keep watching your CC statement to see if the "refund" ever shows up.

I'm guessing "No."
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Oh my gosh , I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but you are making it difficult.

So was it DL or WN that gave you the refund? And whichever it was, unless you actually paid cash, you aren't likely to get a cash refund. Normally it would go back to the original form of payment. So if you paid with a credit card, as noted by another poster, let's see if the credit actually shows up.

I'm still not convinced you didn't have a refundable ticket from the beginning as you haven't stated what fare class you originally purchased.

I'll throw this out there for anyone reading. Do front line agents have the ability to override the system and provide a refund if the fare rules state non-refundable? I'd imagine they do for things like schedule changes that don't work for the customer but then that's really their system making that option available to them rather than them overriding something.

I wouldn't think they have the ability to refund a non-refundable ticket just because they feel like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.