Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Plane Change; Potential Weather Delay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

No Plane Change; Potential Weather Delay

I have a weird, somewhat silly question. Tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm flying LAX-OKC tomorrow with a stop in DEN but no plane change. I've done this type of flight with Southwest before and it's been fine -- those staying in Denver deplane, they do a headcount, I can then sit wherever and they let the new passengers board.

My question is this: it looks like the OKC area is going to be slammed with severe thunderstorms all day, so if the flight from DEN-OKC is delayed, will I be allowed to deplane? Or will I have to stay on?

I'm just not sure what the policy is for that type of situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Yes...deplaning of through PAX for anything other than a quick flip is very common. Once they get the head count they will tell ya you have the option...or you can ask...then you can deplane. They will let the GA know up top.

If it is a long delay, they actually WANT all the through PAX off otherwise the FA have to babysit everyone the entire delay and keep the cabin staffed.

When they are ready to board everyone for the next leg, you just show your ID and they will board ya before the new pre-boards even start to get ya back on the plane so you can take your same seats.

Once off though, you are usually off till they are ready to board again. No in and out if all the through PAX deplane.

Last edited by PAX62; Apr 20, 2017 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PAX62
Yes...deplaning of through PAX for anything other than a quick flip is very common. Once they get the head count they will tell ya you have the option...or you can ask...then you can deplane. They will let the GA know up top.

If it is a long delay, they actually WANT all the through PAX off otherwise the FA have to babysit everyone the entire delay and keep the cabin staffed.

When they are ready to board everyone for the next leg, you just show your ID and they will board ya before the new pre-boards even start to get ya back on the plane so you can take your same seats.

Once off though, you are usually off till they are ready to board again. No in and out if all the through PAX deplane.
Thank you! I assumed that was the case, but wanted to make sure. Just didn't want to get stuck on the plane without a meal at least. Thanks again.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by mcdiego
Thank you! I assumed that was the case, but wanted to make sure. Just didn't want to get stuck on the plane without a meal at least. Thanks again.
One variable when weather is a factor that you have to keep in mind: They may change planes. So you may have to get off the plane regardless. Sometimes, if another plane is out of service and your plane is delayed, they'll swap, so keep that in mind. From what I'm aware, the same procedure for reboarding as mentioned above is effective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.