Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP and Snow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

MSP and Snow

I have a flight to Vegas at 7:50 am Saturday 2/25.

My flight number is 2636 MSP/PHX at 7:50 am on 2/25 with a connecting flight at 11:30 am to Vegas, missing the connection is my main concern

We are expecting heavy snow and there is a blizzard warning not far away so if the track changes it could be a major storm

What are my options at WN, will they let me change my flight now to a later flight ?

Assuming the incoming flight on Friday gets to MSP what are the odds that my Saturday flight is delayed or cancelled ?

My flight number is 2636 MSP/PHX at 7:50 am on 2/25

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Hold on, let me powerup my crystal ball...

But seriously, no, they will not let you make a change until they issue a weather advisory for MSP (and / or less likely PHX & LAS). Then you can change or cancel.

I imagine there are many PHX-LAS flights you could be switched to if you miss the connection assuming there is space. If you absolutely have to be there I'd consider outright buying that leg to reserve space if necessary.

Best of Luck...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
Hold on, let me powerup my crystal ball...

But seriously, no, they will not let you make a change until they issue a weather advisory for MSP (and / or less likely PHX & LAS). Then you can change or cancel.

I imagine there are many PHX-LAS flights you could be switched to if you miss the connection assuming there is space. If you absolutely have to be there I'd consider outright buying that leg to reserve space if necessary.

Best of Luck...
All of the WGA fares PHX/LAS are sold out for Saturday so I'm guessing the flights are pretty full.

Does WN post weather advisories on the main page wen you login or do you have to go look for them ?

As far as the crystal ball, I was looking for input from people who use MSP often as to how they generally handle a storm with delays, cancellations, etc
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does WN post weather advisories on the main page wen you login or do you have to go look for them ?
No need to login. Currently the advisory is for the 23rd and 24th.

Based on the forecasted weather conditions for parts of the Midwest, our scheduled service on Thursday, February 23, thru Friday, February 24, may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled) at the following cities:
Milwaukee (MKE)
Minneapolis (MSP)

Ask the 8 ball outlook was not too good.
Attached Images  

Last edited by OzzyOzzie; Feb 23, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
All of the WGA fares PHX/LAS are sold out for Saturday so I'm guessing the flights are pretty full.

As far as the crystal ball, I was looking for input from people who use MSP often as to how they generally handle a storm with delays, cancellations, etc
Probably close to full but also normal once inside 7 days to remove all WGA fare. Probably not too much a problem for you given the frequency and all long as most of the MSP flight isn't headed to LAS as well.

Yes, on the home page.

Have no idea with specifics to MSP but from reading FT over the years it seems like WN cancels quicker, more often and proactively than other airlines. Seems to be a common theme.

Again, best of luck.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:37 pm

WN is not great for IRROPS. If I were you I'd be looking at those Delta flights right about now....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Crazy storm , ~ 14 inches and blizzard conditions ~ 40 miles south of MSP

A dusting at MSP

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
WN is not great for IRROPS. If I were you I'd be looking at those Delta flights right about now....
I used 13,565 WN points for two R/T's.............I'll pass on DL except for then I fly alone MSP/BDL and can get non stops for 12.5K miles each way
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:00 pm

Nice, the 8 ball was right. Have a great time in Vegas and watch out for those other 8 balls!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.