Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Early Bird is NOT indicated on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

We are flying to Las Vegas tomorrow. Hubby & I from Orlando, non-stop got A31 & A32. Boarding pass DOES say "Early Bird" under boarding position. All good.

My sister & her husband are flying from Portland ME. They got A54 & A55, then connection in BWI with B9 & B10. None of their boarding passes indicate (in any way) that Early Bird was added. My sister DID do her own online check-in promptly @ T-24. She called Southwest and they told her that boarding passes would not necessarily indicate early bird.

I call BS, but wanted to check with the pros. Should Early Bird (or EB) be indicated someplace on her boarding passes?

We both booked all flights and added EBCI on 8/27/16.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
What are you going to do about it now if it is not applied?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lougord99
What are you going to do about it now if it is not applied?
Request a refund.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Why did she do T-24 if she bought EB? I'd double check the receipt first to make sure. Keep your BP's and compare in LAS? Then follow up.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
Why did she do T-24 if she bought EB? I'd double check the receipt first to make sure. Keep your BP's and compare in LAS? Then follow up.
She bought EBCI as I did to get the best positions possible. She also checked herself in as I did because EBCI doesn't always work. Southwest made a change to her reservation some time ago (as they did mine). I went into mine to make sure EBCI was there and it appears to have worked.

We simply suspect for two reasons (no EBCI on boarding pass and poor positions) that she paid for a service that wasn't delivered.

Yes, we have extra copies of all the boarding passes as well as the original confirmations...in case we have to request the refund.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Does ANYONE know if EBCI should always be printed on the boarding pass when it has been purchased? It is always on mine.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:47 pm

Yes. Early Bird Check In should be on the boarding pass if it was applied. If a change was made by Southwest, it is likely that caused it to drop off. If so, they are due a refund. Contact Customer Relations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.