Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question about companion pass transfer requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum

I know that hotel transfers won't count towards points needed for the companion pass after March 31st and that is why so many people have decided to get the Marriott travel package before then. My question is whether a small amount of Hyatt points transferred into my account before March 31st would count towards my final total at the end of the year. For the last few years I am always about 15,000 miles short of the 110,000 needed for the companion pass and I transfer Hyatt points to qualify. I think I will be a little short again this year, so i am thinking about doing this now. Just want to make sure they will still count come December. Couldn't seem to find this info anywhere. Appreciate any help.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:10 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Last year I transferred a few Marriott points late in the year to get me over the 110,000. This years looks similar.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:10 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by joey965
I know that hotel transfers won't count towards points needed for the companion pass after March 31st and that is why so many people have decided to get the Marriott travel package before then. My question is whether a small amount of Hyatt points transferred into my account before March 31st would count towards my final total at the end of the year. For the last few years I am always about 15,000 miles short of the 110,000 needed for the companion pass and I transfer Hyatt points to qualify. I think I will be a little short again this year, so i am thinking about doing this now. Just want to make sure they will still count come December. Couldn't seem to find this info anywhere. Appreciate any help.
Yes, the hotel transfer will bump your CP qualifying points counter now and that count only increases through the year. It can never decrease until it resets to zero at the start of the next year.

Your plan is sound.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Thanks NSX for your quick reply. I am going to transfer enough to get an additional 20,000 miles as I usually end the year around 90,000. My wife used the companion pass for 22 one ways last year, so the devalued transfer is more than worth it for us. Gotta see those grandkiddos. Appreciate your help.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:28 am

Thanks from me too. I've got pretty much the exact same situation. My wife likes to take lots of trips to see the grand kids. The only difference is I need to transfer a few Marriott points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.