Wiki Posts
Search

St Roc Brut on board.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

St Roc Brut on board.

Just got this tweet:

St Roc Brut sparkling wine (21+) made a bubbly splash onboard in time for Valentine's Day! Enjoy it mixed or by itself, on your next flight!

Anybody know if this ie permanent of just a special for Valentines Day?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Just got this tweet:

St Roc Brut sparkling wine (21+) made a bubbly splash onboard in time for Valentine's Day! Enjoy it mixed or by itself, on your next flight!

Anybody know if this ie permanent of just a special for Valentines Day?
I saw 3 bottles in the galley this morning and I thought it was something the crew brought on for themselves. Very interesting addition!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:07 pm

Close enough to being a mimosa? I fly a lot of early flights so I'm excited! And this appears to be a permanent addition.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Has anyone had a chance to try this stuff?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Has anyone had a chance to try this stuff?
Googling this bubbly gives absolutely no results except for ones related to Southwest carrying it and this ratings page in Japanese, albeit for a Rose version. I wonder if Southwest is pulling a Trader Joe's and bought the entire supply of it for a low price, or if they are simply private labeling a standard sparkling Brut from Grands Chais de France, like the Pierlant Brut.

Edit: Even GCF's website (FR only) doesn't mention a St Roc, Brut or otherwise.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
The FAs on my 7:10am SAN-MDW flight on Sunday morning offered free samples in the form of mimosas to anyone 21+ on the flight. Mentioned it was a new bev offering and wanted to let folks try it. The FAs walked the aisles with trays full of mimosas similar to the typical water service. Wonder if this was just a generous crew or if they were instructed to offer the samples. Wasn't terrible but was not the best IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:19 am

FAs on my flight today also offered samples, as mimosas. Today was also a free drink day, but there was no announcement, and the samples were passed out prior to taking drink orders.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

My wife flew this evening and had one. She said it was OK. Comparisble to Jaume Serra which is a decent cheap sparking wine, generally better than the regular Southwest wines. At $5 per it's a pretyy good value.
She also saidt hat contrary to the picture Southwest tweeted she was not given a mini bottle. She speculated they were serving from larger bottles.

Myself I don't think so. Southwest has gotten pretty inconsittent with service. When I order a Gin and Tonic, for example, sometimes I get both the can and the bottle, sometimets I get onebore the other or neither, once in a while I get a full coffee cup with proper proportions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.