Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest.com Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Southwest.com Feature Requests

After the full go-live of One Res, Southwest's new Amadeus-based passenger service system, on May 9th, I assume the IT department will have a little more free time.

What new features, changes, tweaks would you like them to make to Southwest.com?

Two big ones for me would be:
- the ability to store more than one passenger's information for quick bookings (family members, coworkers, etc)
- the ability to track unused tickets or funds in one spot (although I'm sure Southwest loves that spoilage)

What would you like to see?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by palmetto86
After the full go-live of One Res, Southwest's new Amadeus-based passenger service system, on May 9th, I assume the IT department will have a little more free time. ... What would you like to see?
A Southwest site that lets me actually USE it consistently would be an excellent start!

I sincerely hope they don't spend time on "features" before they fix basic functionality!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:31 am

Methinks the OP is overly optimistic.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
Methinks the OP is overly optimistic.
A man can dream!

For the record, I think Southwest's IT is pretty good. Yes, they can work on the downtime and the meltdown was terrible, but for the most part, I don't have issues. I definitely think the app is better than some of the other airline ones out there
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Being able to use mobile BP for 2 people on the same reservation.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:12 am

Allow searches of co-terminals (BOS/MHT/PVD, LGA/EWR/ISP, etc.).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
+1 for a feature displaying unused ticketless travel funds.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by dlaue
+1 for a feature displaying unused ticketless travel funds.
+1, but I suspect expired TTFs are a profit center for WN (I'd love to know what that number ends up being annually!)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:43 pm

I'd be delighted if the non-stop filter held when switching between points and $ fares.

Or they permanently retired the randomly applied "timeout" error.

But based on my experience with WN's IT, I'm not holding my breath.

And of course it's very unlikely that they will ever have a feature that displays unused travel funds/confirmation numbers all in one place.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
+1, but I suspect expired TTFs are a profit center for WN (I'd love to know what that number ends up being annually!)
Yes! It's a pain calling customer service! They ask you for the credit card number that was used. Let's say the number changed because of a re-issue, if you don't keep track, those funds are gone.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by palmetto86
After the full go-live of One Res, Southwest's new Amadeus-based passenger service system, on May 9th, I assume the IT department will have a little more free time.

What new features, changes, tweaks would you like them to make to Southwest.com?

Two big ones for me would be:
- the ability to store more than one passenger's information for quick bookings (family members, coworkers, etc)
- the ability to track unused tickets or funds in one spot (although I'm sure Southwest loves that spoilage)

What would you like to see?
+1 on both
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Being required to keep track of your own travel funds does not seem to be a big deal. Just write it down in a speadsheet, a word file. Or even on a piece of paper. Delete or cross out when used. How is this sooo hard?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I'd like to see a fix for the middle name problem. If you don't consistently use the exact same middle name or lack thereof, you wind up calling customer service to use $5.60. Waste of everybody's time.

And wouldn't it be nice if you could change a flight without having to cancel you companion's flight and then have the need to rebook it. I don't mean to show ingratitude; that problem I more than welcome compared to a $150 change fee on a $110 flight.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by bobunf
Being required to keep track of your own travel funds does not seem to be a big deal. Just write it down in a speadsheet, a word file. Or even on a piece of paper. Delete or cross out when used. How is this sooo hard?
Just counted. I had 52 travel fund credits in the last 20 months. And, one must also keep track of the expiration of the funds and of the amount remaning (not all transactions exhaust all the available funds).

So, yes. Paper and pencil works OK. But, in the 21st century, a Souhtwest system feature would work a lot easier and better.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlaue
Just counted. I had 52 travel fund credits in the last 20 months. And, one must also keep track of the expiration of the funds and of the amount remaning (not all transactions exhaust all the available funds).

So, yes. Paper and pencil works OK. But, in the 21st century, a Souhtwest system feature would work a lot easier and better.
That and other airlines (both AA and UA off the top of my head) keep track of unused tickets, so they must think this use case is important enough to design a website feature for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.