Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delays in Rapid Rewards Posting from Chase CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Has anyone else recently experienced a delay in the posting of rapid reward points earned on there SW Chase credit card?

Not only did my 50k bonus not show on my statement, despite me making the $2k in charges (but that's another issue), the 2,500 miles I earned on my statement hasn't hit my account either.

My statement closed last week. It is a new card, but I went and double checked the RR account number and it is correct. Anyone experiencing a similar delay?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Chase has been a mess at posting points as of late. A couple months ago it took like 3 weeks for my Hyatt points to hit from CC spend. I've also heard of delays on the IHG card.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks, not good to hear, but good to know. I'll hold tight and wait a little before i start pestering them. Can you tell I'm a little anxious to get that companion pass? 60k has already posted from a hyatt transfer, so this is the last 50k I'll need.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Normally points would post in 1 or 2 days after your billing cycle ends. But last January when I was waiting for both bonuses to post it took over a week. Maybe it's because of the year end processing, or maybe they just enjoy making you wait. Who knows.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
I am in the same boat - my CC closed on 1/4 - still havent seen my CC points post yet....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Isaac. Must be some kind of year end system issue. You guys just saved me some more phone calls!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott PLAT
Ditto, statement date of 1/4 and no RR Account posting to date.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:19 am

On Jan 5, I transferred 150K Hyatt points which would requalify for companion pass. Inexplicably, only 50 of them actually posted. SWA rep said there is a 30 day waiting period before they would investigate with Hyatt effectively reducing the benefit by one month.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Well, my first 2,200 points posted, as was indicated on my statement. However, 50k bonus was no where to be found...maybe next billing cycle.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by Markemark
Well, my first 2,200 points posted, as was indicated on my statement. However, 50k bonus was no where to be found...maybe next billing cycle.
If you didn't see it on your statement then you may have not made the $2k spend soon for them to include the 50k bonus this statement.

Two years ago I went over my 2k spend 3 days before my monthly cycle and the 50k didn't post until the next month. I believe this is a common occurrence with Chase.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by carraher
On Jan 5, I transferred 150K Hyatt points which would requalify for companion pass. Inexplicably, only 50 of them actually posted. SWA rep said there is a 30 day waiting period before they would investigate with Hyatt effectively reducing the benefit by one month.
I made back to back 5k:2.4k transfers from Hyatt on 1/5, and only one has posted (on 1/9). Thought it was strange but it sounds like you've got the same issue. Hyatt seems to be in a bit of disarray right now, maybe they'll straighten it out.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by defjukie
I made back to back 5k:2.4k transfers from Hyatt on 1/5, and only one has posted (on 1/9). Thought it was strange but it sounds like you've got the same issue. Hyatt seems to be in a bit of disarray right now, maybe they'll straighten it out.
I have seen this in the past; Hyatt sometimes thinks things like this are dupes.

Better call.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atothesquiz
If you didn't see it on your statement then you may have not made the $2k spend soon for them to include the 50k bonus this statement.

Two years ago I went over my 2k spend 3 days before my monthly cycle and the 50k didn't post until the next month. I believe this is a common occurrence with Chase.
You could be onto something there. I just took a look at my activity, and I would have hit my qualifying 2k on the 4th, and my statement closed on the 8th. I'll keep a lookout on the next statement. Thanks for the data point!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I have seen this in the past; Hyatt sometimes thinks things like this are dupes.

Better call.
I did call this morning and was told that three separate transactions were sent to SWA so the ball is in Southwest's corner now. I'm just glad I'm not making any reservations for my potential companion and me during this mandatory 30 waiting period before they will open an investigation.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Better call.
Decided to call based on your recommendation, and Hyatt says both orders were placed and everything looks good on their end (even provided me their order #s).

Guess I need to call SW now.... I have a flight I'd really like to book, woe is me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.