Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
So your CP earning meter is still empty? You may have gotten caught in the loophole/timeframe where CP-earning was turned off for partner redemption. I would probably call at this point.
Yes - unfortunately.

I am fairly certain now I got caught in the loophole. Have called Customer Relations and they told me to basically wait it out till everyone else catches up and no one else has a 'status pending'. They said they cant touch anyone's account till they get directions from 'higher up'.

Not sure what else to do but would like to book a ticket for my spouse to accompany me in first week of Feb.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveler1508
Yes - unfortunately.

I am fairly certain now I got caught in the loophole. Have called Customer Relations and they told me to basically wait it out till everyone else catches up and no one else has a 'status pending'. They said they cant touch anyone's account till they get directions from 'higher up'.

Not sure what else to do but would like to book a ticket for my spouse to accompany me in first week of Feb.
Mine posted on 1/4 as well, meter is empty. Sent message on twitter, they responded they expect to fix everyone by friday and if not to message them back on friday (1/13)....so we shall see. I will post an update if/when I have one
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:26 pm

update: my wheel now says complete but no place to add companion...825pm 1/9
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Mine posted on 1/4 as well, meter is empty. Sent message on twitter, they responded they expect to fix everyone by friday and if not to message them back on friday (1/13)....so we shall see. I will post an update if/when I have one
I got the same message on Twitter. They have all been incredibly nice, just not able to necessarily help.

Of note, my wheel is also complete 1/9 @2008 CST. Same issue - no place to designate companion. Having said that, this is my first time around so I am not familiar with where to designate the companion.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveler1508
I got the same message on Twitter. They have all been incredibly nice, just not able to necessarily help.

Of note, my wheel is also complete 1/9 @2008 CST. Same issue - no place to designate companion. Having said that, this is my first time around so I am not familiar with where to designate the companion.
I'm guessing tomorrow we can add companion
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:46 am

Mine is fixed Added mine in today.
Booked first flight a week and half from now.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:00 am

Excited to have CP again. Been a couple years since I had it last.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:15 am

I was also able to designate my companion and book his flights today.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Ordered on 1/5 and was able to designate companion today.

website is running slooooooooow
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:56 pm

mine worked today was well, glad it appears resolved for most of us
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Can someone help please? What does the earned thru date say on anyone's companion pass? It is in the middle of the screen when you go to the account page below the meters. I had points transfer in on 01/02/17 but my earned thru date says 12/31/17. I called SW and they told me it should be 12/31/18 and they will have someone fix it. I am just wondering if you guys are seeing the same? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by huynhc
Can someone help please? What does the earned thru date say on anyone's companion pass? It is in the middle of the screen when you go to the account page below the meters. I had points transfer in on 01/02/17 but my earned thru date says 12/31/17. I called SW and they told me it should be 12/31/18 and they will have someone fix it. I am just wondering if you guys are seeing the same? Thanks in advance!
I transferred in 1/2. Mine says 12/31/18. Hope yours is fixed for you.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
mine worked today was well, glad it appears resolved for most of us

Same here!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by huynhc

Mine is correct and shows 12/31/18. But, a question to you. You mention the points were transferred "in" on the 2nd. When did you order the points to be transferred out of their original source? If it was in 2016, then you may only have CP until the end of 2017.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by mdurette
Mine is correct and shows 12/31/18. But, a question to you. You mention the points were transferred "in" on the 2nd. When did you order the points to be transferred out of their original source? If it was in 2016, then you may only have CP until the end of 2017.
I ordered it to transfer in on 01/01/17 at around 10AM PST. I don't think that is the issue. I believe what happened is I was in that window where they decided not to do hotel points transfers. I assume someone had to manually enter it and entered the wrong date. Hopefully it gets resolved. I do appreciate your input though! Thanks! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.