Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Myrtle73
Hi, just need a objective view on if I should acquire the cp with 7 day travel package.
I have 66spg pts. I have 22,000Marriott pts. I have 150,000 chase reward pts. I live in a small town and we do have a airport with the three main carriers, American, United, Delta and Allegiant. AirTran was one of our carriers before the sw merger. After the merger they left, which was a bummer. AirTan was replace with Allegiant in our area.
The closest airport with sw is 2.5hr away.
Do you think it's worth getting the sw marriott deal wiath the nearest sw being that far away.
Thanks in advance

5 hours to/from an airport is a long trip. Don't forget you also have to arrive at least an hour before you flight, price of parking at the major airport ( even offsite), gas etc.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Another data point for those thinking of trying to squeeze a last minute MR Travel Package redemption in for CP before 3/31.

Called in to MR at 11pm CDT on Friday 3/24 and ordered a Travel Package with WN. MR points deducted from my account within 15 mins of making the request. The WN RR CPQPs posted prior to noon CDT on Sunday 3/26. Total time elapsed from ordering was approx 36 hours.

Much to my surprise, Marriott Travel Packages work weekends and overtime. Anyone thinking of doing so should still have time to get it done. Would recommend ordering no later than Tues night to make sure the WN points hit before 3/31. Good Luck!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just transferred via phone call to the Marriott reps 270k Marriott from wife's account to mine, and then to my WN account. Was surprised I could do that volume.

Done Sunday eve about 7:20 Central. Promised they'd be to WN by Wednesday.

Not sure how much I will use 1.75 year CP, but worth it even without CP, I think.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:38 am

Hit 50k Hyatt points over the weekend, just initiated a 50k point transfer; here's hoping!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just transferred via phone call to the Marriott reps 270k Marriott from wife's account to mine, and then to my WN account. Was surprised I could do that volume.

Done Sunday eve about 7:20 Central. Promised they'd be to WN by Wednesday.

Not sure how much I will use 1.75 year CP, but worth it even without CP, I think.
Update:

Points are there Tues morning 11:30, first time I checked, so about 40 hours at most.

I think there is still time. But do it today. .
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
If anybody is concerned about transfers not being complete before 3/31, don't worry about it. as long as the transfer was initiated before that date, the point will count towards the companion pass.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/03/las...fer-southwest/
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:14 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
If anybody is concerned about transfers not being complete before 3/31, don't worry about it. as long as the transfer was initiated before that date, the point will count towards the companion pass.

Thanks. My small transfer from Best Western posted today, 9 days after I requested it. Good to know it wasn't actually that close to the cutoff.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Critterlynn

Whew well that's good to know, b/c I made a mistake & ended up with only 102,000 in SW points this morning, so I've been trying to figure out how I could get those extra 8000 points transferred in time. Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Myrtle73
Do you think it's worth getting the sw marriott deal wiath the nearest sw being that far away.
Thanks in advance
Probably not. You'd force yourself to use the CP and spend the points, but you'd grow to resent it and not really enjoy the "free" aspect of it. It'd start to feel like driving well out of your way to buy slightly cheaper gas.

The exception would be if your home airport is always an AA/UA connection and the WN airport 2.5 hours away featured a lot of nonstops that were of interest to you. (Hublike, as much as WN gets...) Then, the drive *is* the connection, so maybe it's not so bad. But...I'm guessing the airport in question is CHS, which is a smallish outpost in the WN route map. Not likely to save you a connection to too many places.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Hit 50k Hyatt points over the weekend, just initiated a 50k point transfer; here's hoping!
Request submitted on MON, posted mid-day TUE
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Call 8p EDT last night, posted WN by 11a today. Amazed at the ease at Marriott & speed for transfer, first time ever doing a package. Whether I use the CP enough or at all is up in the air of course...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Here's my timeline:

Started with 127,000 MR points in my account
3/26 transferred 24,000 AMEX points to SPG - posted instantly.
3/26 transferred 8,000 SPG points to MR - posted instantly.
3/26 transferred 99,000 UR points to MR - posted 3/29 9AM.
3/29 called MR, transferred 250,000 points to my wife's account and booked the Cat 1-5 / 100k RR point package.
3/30 100k RR points posted to my wife's account this morning. She is only 1k CPQP short of CP, we'll get that easily with CC spend.

I was really sweating it... Glad to read that they are planning to honor transfers that post late as long as it was initiated prior to 3/31.

Probably not the best all around use of these points, but it works for us...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.