Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional Travelers Saved Online?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:58 am
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Additional Travelers Saved Online?

Hi All,

First time Southwest poster. Since they don't fly to China nor serve an airport within 100 miles of me, I don't fly them.

That being said, one of my new employees does, and it's his preferred carrier. I have not found a way where I can save his info online to my RR account...With all of the other airlines, it's an easy find--I just can't see it anywhere where I do so on southwest.com.

I searched a half dozen terms in this forum and didn't see anything.

...It's been annoying to have to get his DOB and his RR# every time I book him a ticket. There's got a be a place to store it, and sorry that I can't find it!

Thanks, and if I can be of help on UA or Hilton, I'm glad to reciprocate!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:42 pm

Look into SWABIZ.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:12 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Look into SWABIZ.
I had no idea about this. Thanks!

Are there any kind of spend requirements for this? I mean, I book the guy maybe 3-4 roundtrips a year--the rest of us are all UA flyers. We'll be lucky if we'll drop $1500 per year on LUV.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I had no idea about this. Thanks!

Are there any kind of spend requirements for this? I mean, I book the guy maybe 3-4 roundtrips a year--the rest of us are all UA flyers. We'll be lucky if we'll drop $1500 per year on LUV.
SWABIZ offers a few minor benefits to companies. Used to be a great program with giant bonuses.

I have not looked in forever, but there may be a way to cancel his flights if necessary and use the money for someone else in the company, which is normally not allowed. Call them.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
I searched a half dozen terms in this forum and didn't see anything.
There is not. As an owner of a company I travel all over the country with a team of 4-8 folks and I book all the travel. With WN, there is not a way to store the travel data of others which is pretty lame. Even with their RR#, you still have to manually enter ALL the data fields.

We looked at, started with and ultimately dumped SWABIZ. SWABIZ is really set up for the individual employees to book their own travel, not conducive to one manager booking all the flights....then employees could not change or modify without approvals...it was a hot mess and pretty useless for what you wanna do.

Now we just have a traveler database with all their stats on Google Drive and just copy and paste when making the reservations on the main site.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:37 am
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PAX62
There is not. As an owner of a company I travel all over the country with a team of 4-8 folks and I book all the travel. With WN, there is not a way to store the travel data of others which is pretty lame. Even with their RR#, you still have to manually enter ALL the data fields.

We looked at, started with and ultimately dumped SWABIZ. SWABIZ is really set up for the individual employees to book their own travel, not conducive to one manager booking all the flights....then employees could not change or modify without approvals...it was a hot mess and pretty useless for what you wanna do.

Now we just have a traveler database with all their stats on Google Drive and just copy and paste when making the reservations on the main site.
Thanks to you all!

Guessing the SWABIZ isn't for us. Yes, I book all of the travel (we're a tiny company with 6 travelers, and only 1 on SW), it all goes on my own corp card.

Guess I just need to do something straight out of the 1990s and write down his DOB and RR number and keep it on an index card in my desk*.

*Yes, that's me trying to be funny and snarky, surely I can save it on my computer in Word or Excel.

Thank you again, Southwest peeps!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Guessing the SWABIZ isn't for us. Yes, I book all of the travel (we're a tiny company with 6 travelers, and only 1 on SW), it all goes on my own corp card.
That is what I do as well...tip to consider...if you are gonna fly SW on any regularity consider getting a SW Visa...I book all my employees flights on that and because of the points per dollar with SW flight purchases I usually reach Companion Pass before I even reach A List status each year just from paying for everyone's flights on my card.

...only relevant is SW status is something that would be of value to you.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Hi All,

First time Southwest poster. Since they don't fly to China nor serve an airport within 100 miles of me, I don't fly them.
WN flies from FNT to Chicago MDW nonstop, and a couple of cities in Florida have seasonal nonstop out of Bishop.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:06 pm

Also, you will want to set up a spreadsheet to track unused / partially used TTFs (travel funds which can be used for future travel).

Welcome to WN's 1973-era IT department!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PAX62
That is what I do as well...tip to consider...if you are gonna fly SW on any regularity consider getting a SW Visa...I book all my employees flights on that and because of the points per dollar with SW flight purchases I usually reach Companion Pass before I even reach A List status each year just from paying for everyone's flights on my card.
You might want to look at the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.