Community
Wiki Posts
Search

great refund

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:33 am
Original Poster

great refund

We were flying to Aruba last fri, when my wife became ill at the airport. We had checked in online, but still had our luggage. We headed home and called SW after our flight had departed. They immediately refunded all the points we used and the full tax/fee credit is already on my CC on Mon. Wow!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Its perfectly normal for flights paid for on points, nothing special was granted...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:47 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
Its perfectly normal for flights paid for on points, nothing special was granted...
You're right in that it's normal for Southwest. But compared to the legacies it's far from normal. Without top tier status you'd be looking at $150 to $200 per ticket for miles redeposit fees. That's probably what the OP was expecting and thus his pleasant surprise.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Also important to note that it was only because the OP used points. Had it been a WGA fare, they would have lost it all due to not cancelling 10 minutes before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.