Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane

Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane

Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by justhere
And I suggest that you don't fly if it bothers you that much.
It's clear you don't.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by feysul
It's clear you don't.
Using the same logic that brought you to the other conclusion? You have no idea how much I fly. But you just keep doing your thing and treating disabled people like they are an inconvenience. Maybe there could be a curtained off area on the plane and you could stick them all behind that so you don't even have to see them. I mean, after all, it's probably their fault they are disabled in the first place, right? How dare they take an extra few seconds to get off the plane.

I often see very able-bodied people take longer to get off the plane than a legit preboarder because they can't, or won't, get their carry-on down from the bin while waiting to get off and they hold up the whole plane. Maybe they should get off last too?

WN could monetize it and sell it as First Off. You pay extra to get off the plane first. "Hey who are those people getting off first?" "Oh, they get to F.O." "Oh, that makes sense cause they're selfish twats anyway."
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass

WN could monetize it and sell it as First Off. You pay extra to get off the plane first. "Hey who are those people getting off first?" "Oh, they get to F.O." "Oh, that makes sense cause they're selfish twats anyway."
Don't give them any ideas.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Using the same logic that brought you to the other conclusion? You have no idea how much I fly. But you just keep doing your thing and treating disabled people like they are an inconvenience. Maybe there could be a curtained off area on the plane and you could stick them all behind that so you don't even have to see them. I mean, after all, it's probably their fault they are disabled in the first place, right? How dare they take an extra few seconds to get off the plane.

I often see very able-bodied people take longer to get off the plane than a legit preboarder because they can't, or won't, get their carry-on down from the bin while waiting to get off and they hold up the whole plane. Maybe they should get off last too?

I dont know what led you to your statement that "treating disabled people like they are an inconvenience" where did that come from???? this has nothing to do with that.

If preboarders get the privileged of boarding first, which i have NO issue with, i support that-for the record before you make another assumption. Then I think if a particular passenger needs help to exit the aircraft they should allow the other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner. I am sure most business travelers would agree with me.

"Selfish twats"...LOL
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by feysul
I dont know what led you to your statement that "treating disabled people like they are an inconvenience" where did that come from???? this has nothing to do with that.

If preboarders get the privileged of boarding first, which i have NO issue with, i support that-for the record before you make another assumption. Then I think if a particular passenger needs help to exit the aircraft they should allow the other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner. I am sure most business travelers would agree with me.

"Selfish twats"...LOL
If you read the whole thread, including the thread title, you'll see that the overall sentiment towards preboarders, including your own sentiment, is that they are an inconvenience. Even in your reply you suggest, if not outright say, that they are an inconvenience.

"I think if a particular passenger needs help to exit the aircraft they should allow the other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner."

Why else would you say that if they are not inconveniencing others by slowing down the egress? You aren't saying it because you want the able bodied passengers to wish them well on their way past them. "[T]he other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner". So the disabled passenger slows them down is what you are saying ergo it's an inconvenience for you. "I am sure most business travelers would agree with me." So there's the selfish part. It's all about you and one group of travelers.

I'm sure if you fly a lot you've seen families getting off the plane with small kids. They aren't always the quickest to gather everything up and get moving. I'm also sure that you've seen the self-indulged business person who is on their phone as the plane is landing and is too busy talking to get their bag down from the overhead and holds up the rest of the plane as they get their things together.

But apparently those, and others, who are slow to get moving are ok because they didn't preboard. So there's the "twat" part.

The disabled person I travel with certainly isn't fast. However sitting in row 2 or 3, it's just a few steps to the door and they are out of the way sitting in a wheelchair. Many times we'll let people in the few rows behind us exit and that creates enough of a gap with the self-indulged business person taking their time getting out of row 6 or 7 that we can get to the door of the aircraft and move out of the way without holding up anyone.

But your previous post said preboarders should be the last to leave the plane. No explanation just a declaration. Why? Because you think they are an inconvenience but you make no mention of others who are often as much if not more of an inconvenience. So there's the entire package of "selfish twat".

Now, if I've mis-characterized you, I certainly apologize. Perhaps you could point out where I've grossly misunderstood what you said and explain why, just because someone preboards, they should be the last to leave the plane. I mean that is, after all, exactly what you said.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: SWA CP, HH Diamond
Just want to be clear - I disagree with the title of the thread and believe preboarders should sit wherever it is safe and convenient for them. Here to share an interesting experience below-

Last night boarding in DEN, there was a literal parade of wheelchairs and preboard passengers. I started counting and lost count at 23 or so (there were more). I have never seen this before, and the first 10 rows of the aircraft were taken up when I boarded with a low A. It was bizarre, and I have not had that experience before. I don't blame the preboarders at all, just merely an observation.

Is this a common occurrence?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:18 pm

I have been on flights where there were groups traveling together like WWII veterans or similar groups.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by bkco88
Just want to be clear - I disagree with the title of the thread and believe preboarders should sit wherever it is safe and convenient for them. Here to share an interesting experience below-

Last night boarding in DEN, there was a literal parade of wheelchairs and preboard passengers. I started counting and lost count at 23 or so (there were more). I have never seen this before, and the first 10 rows of the aircraft were taken up when I boarded with a low A. It was bizarre, and I have not had that experience before. I don't blame the preboarders at all, just merely an observation.

Is this a common occurrence?
And out of those 23+ who where in wheelchairs, how many used wheelchairs when they were leaving? 7 or 8?

I'm surprised Blue Cross doesn't require people to fly Southwest just for the therapeutic effect.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Southwest should rope off the rear half of the plane for pre-boarders (or people in A-1 and up who want to sit there). Then there won't be an issue with deplaning, as they can't be first off the plane. Win-win.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Or you could just fly another airline if you care that much about your seat assignment. Win win win.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
SW flights from Long Island to Florida are miracle flights! Everyone who pre-boards with a wheel chair runs off the plane at the destination. It is a better cure than any medicine!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Southwest should rope off the rear half of the plane for pre-boarders (or people in A-1 and up who want to sit there). Then there won't be an issue with deplaning, as they can't be first off the plane. Win-win.
Either logic isn't your strong point or you're just trolling. Or both.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
So my leg currently fixed straight where I need bulkhead means I should be required to sit in the back of the plane where my leg won't fit? Yeah, good methodology. What is wrong with all the intolerant people on this thread? It's embarrassing.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:29 am

Folks quit feeding the trolls..

Put KevinAA on your ignore list along with a few other jerks on this thread and move on....

And remember karma is a ...... When there time comes around and they get treated like they are now treating others... no whining allowed
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:15 pm

One thing you all haven't mentioned is that people traveling with emotional support animals can also pre board! Now, there's a can of puppies we probably don't want to open.

Honestly, one thing WN could do is have a wheelchair concierge service of some sort that makes it uncomfortable to cheat on those "miracle flights". Ms. Jones, your arrival wheelchair was ordered when you took at that wheelchair at departure. It's here now. What? You don't need it? Ok, just let me write that down for our records.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.