Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Rewards - International Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Rapid Rewards - International Flights

I'm a member of "More Rewards" through SW Rapid Rewards Credit Card. Using this, one WAS allowed to book international flights through "More Rewards" program. As of a few weeks ago, now when I land on the "More Rewards" international flights website, i am no longer able to select LAX or any of the U.S. airports as the Departing Airport. I've tried this multiple times for multiple days and have put in countless calls into SW (talking both to More Rewards outsource house, SW customer services as well as customer relations). No one has been able to help, and every time it's just stated as a website glitch. However, the glitch has been present for WEEKS now.

Also, this is not an user-error as intimately familiar with the website, and have booked international travel through "More Rewards" program in the past multiple times.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues as I am?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:11 pm

It's a known issue; Southwest says they are working with their partner More Rewards on a fix. So, it's not just you.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

thanks ursine.

not sure if SW folks monitor this forum, but is there any ETA on this?

it's actually been quite a few weeks, so it surprises me that an IT issue like that has not been addressed for weeks! leaves a bad taste in my mouth in terms of loyalty for not being able to utilize the 100s of thousands of points i have accumulated; at a time i need to!

i can certainly understand a few hours of outage, or even a couple of days, but a couple of weeks is completely unheard of (imagine if that was the case for the main southwest.com website!). i work in IT, and i know that if was responsible for fixing this 'glitch', i certainly would've been fired by now!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by desidude2000
thanks ursine.

not sure if SW folks monitor this forum, but is there any ETA on this?

it's actually been quite a few weeks, so it surprises me that an IT issue like that has not been addressed for weeks! leaves a bad taste in my mouth in terms of loyalty for not being able to utilize the 100s of thousands of points i have accumulated; at a time i need to!

i can certainly understand a few hours of outage, or even a couple of days, but a couple of weeks is completely unheard of (imagine if that was the case for the main southwest.com website!). i work in IT, and i know that if was responsible for fixing this 'glitch', i certainly would've been fired by now!
Your mistake is assuming this is a "glitch" and that WN has interest in fixing it.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:15 am

More Rewards International no more.....

I was about to reserve an international flight and discovered the glitch. I was initially told that that they were working on it and could book it over the phone. At the time I declined as I wanted to explore all of the options.

I checked the next day and the problem still wasn't resolved and after a week I called them. The more Rewards people said that Southwest did away with the program and that I would need to call them. I called SWA and they said I would have to contact More Rewards. I explained that they referred to me them and they gave me the Rapid Rewards department who didn't know anything about it. I was then transferred to another depart who had me on hold for over an hour. BTW, I'm an A-List Preferred member.

Finally someone picked up and told me that they just received an internal email regarding this today and the program was suspended and that they were unsure if it would be reinstated. I mentioned that their website still lists More Rewards International travel as a viable option and they said I assume that will be changed or removed.

This was over a week ago and it still doesn't look like anything has been done.

Very frustrating as I like to use my points for International travel to locations that SWA doesn't service.

Last edited by Marauder1; Oct 22, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:41 pm

Anyone has updates on this problem? i called them several times today. All I got to know was that this is by design and they are working on fixing it. But no ETA yet. Anyone with more knowledge about this issue please share the knowledge!!!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:46 am

Website Update

Today I noticed that the More Rewards site was updated and now provides the below info:

International Airfares and Hawaii
Currently, Members cannot redeem points for international travel online. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please call 1.888.658.4826 to book your international flights. We are working to enable international bookings online as soon as possible

Sounds like they are called "Quality Reward Travel"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.