Changing last name on reservations

Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Changing last name on reservations

My fiancee will soon no longer be my fiancee and is planning to change her name soon after our wedding (next month).

However, she already has many flights booked through the end of the year (post-marriage), which is esp. relevant since I am her CP.

What is the easiest way to change her name on those tickets without cancelling/rebooking? We will also need to change the name on her RR account.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by wxturtle
My fiancee will soon no longer be my fiancee and is planning to change her name soon after our wedding (next month).

However, she already has many flights booked through the end of the year (post-marriage), which is esp. relevant since I am her CP.

What is the easiest way to change her name on those tickets without cancelling/rebooking? We will also need to change the name on her RR account.
<shudder>

The "end of the year" is 3 months away. Strongly suggest you/she change nothing and fly-as-you-are on those reservations already booked. Southwest IT and stuff

Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
<shudder>

The "end of the year" is 3 months away. Strongly suggest you/she change nothing and fly-as-you-are on those reservations already booked. Southwest IT and stuff
Another thing for OP: make sure her name on her ID is the same as her name on the ticket for TSA.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Another thing for OP: make sure her name on her ID is the same as her name on the ticket for TSA.
While you're at it make sure her Passport and Drivers License match. My wife has her name slightly different her passport and drivers license (middle initial is different). That has sometimes caused some confusion for her.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:11 pm

I was married last year and my wife had to change the name on all her accounts

Just call SW AFTER she has a drivers license, PP, etc with her new name.

Sw will tell you what info to fax/email
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
It has been too long now, but I believe when my wife and I got married we just had to fax a copy of our marriage certificate or license to Southwest to have it changed on her rapid rewards. I don't believe we had any current flights, but I would assume they have a way to deal with this. It's also possible to Southwest IT can't handle anything. It's also possible I'm thinking of some other airline or some other program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.