Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted double points promo for fall travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Want an easy way to get to a reward flight faster? Here’s your chance. We’re giving you 2X points on all fall flights. Simply register, book, and fly between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016.
Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Member must register for this promotion between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations for qualifying flights booked within the promotional time period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016 for travel between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016 and completed between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016. A qualifying flight for Rapid Rewards is a one-way revenue flight booked through Southwest.com® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections. Member's Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, ten bonus points on Anytime fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® packages and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to this itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Check My Account for promo link to register.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Good for you. YMMV, as I got a rock.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elron938
Good for you. YMMV, as I got a rock.
Keep checking. I have access to six accounts - from no status to A+ and CP. All received the promo offer.

One of those was registered for a 3X promo earlier this year, while the others have had no similar promo offer in quite awhile.

Two of those live in one state, while the other four are in a different state. If this is targeted, maybe it's based on address associated with account.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Received it about 7pm Herb Daylight Time.

First Promo of any kind I've received in well over a year.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Rock for me!

Already qualified for CP and A+ and have flown several BS fares.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:27 am

Just got it and registered. I have 1 flight that the price jumps $60, so no refaring for it (YET), but the other one is static, so I will rebook for the promo!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mke9499

Two of those live in one state, while the other four are in a different state. If this is targeted, maybe it's based on address associated with account.
Nope. I got the offer and my husband didn't. (same address). It's a bummer because he will have some paid trips, while I'll use points for mine.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:37 am

Rock...
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:39 am

I received it. Was able to cancel and rebuy 3 flights, but 3 others had gone up.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ehallison
Nope. I got the offer and my husband didn't. (same address). It's a bummer because he will have some paid trips, while I'll use points for mine.
I'd keep checking. I got mine this AM. Looks like they are staggering it.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:54 am

Daughter got e-mail this morning; neither wife nor I have, all 3 with the same mailing address; daughter hasn't paid for a flight in years as I use my points for her. I tried keying my name and RR# into the link in her e-mail, no dice. Here e-mail mentioned Atlanta, I assume others have their city inserted in the e-mail offer (but no mention of an ATL requirement in the Ts & Cs)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Nothing for me. I'll keep checking.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Daughter got e-mail this morning; neither wife nor I have, all 3 with the same mailing address; daughter hasn't paid for a flight in years as I use my points for her. I tried keying my name and RR# into the link in her e-mail, no dice. Here e-mail mentioned Atlanta, I assume others have their city inserted in the e-mail offer (but no mention of an ATL requirement in the Ts & Cs)
FWIW mine did not specify a destination.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:16 am
Original Poster

I found out about the promotion by logging in to my RR account yesterday. I have still not received an email notification about the offer.

Therefore, I suggest checking the promo section on My Account and not wait for an email.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:52 am

"A qualifying flight for Rapid Rewards is a one-way revenue flight"

Do flights booked with points count as revenue flights? If so I've got some re-faring to do for those that have stayed the same or gone down...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.