Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to use 50% off promo code?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by betsifur
Of course it was designed to do this. Am I supposed to just seethe in anger, throw my companion pass in the trash and start paying higher fares and baggage fees to United now? Or maybe they should go out of business as punishment for their system going down? They messed up, they offered something in return, in my case I'm happy with it. I was glad to see this thread yesterday, because it made me realize the perfect use for the voucher and discount code I had received. When I first got them I assumed I could only use them for myself, which would make almost useless to me.
FYI: I'm seeing posts on social media that indicate the code only works on bookings that include the passenger who received the code. That would preclude selling the codes or using them to book for only someone else. Not sure if that's true -- can anyone verify?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:02 pm

I used my voucher and discount code for my daughter and son-in-law. I'm not on the booking. I could see Southwest changing that thought, if people are actually trying to sell the codes. I'm trying to imagine who would pay a stranger for a code that may or may not work.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by betsifur
I used my voucher and discount code for my daughter and son-in-law. I'm not on the booking. I could see Southwest changing that thought, if people are actually trying to sell the codes. I'm trying to imagine who would pay a stranger for a code that may or may not work.
Ok, good to hear that it worked. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
FYI: I'm seeing posts on social media that indicate the code only works on bookings that include the passenger who received the code. That would preclude selling the codes or using them to book for only someone else. Not sure if that's true -- can anyone verify?
T&C does not explicitly state that requirement.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It would certainly be possible to create a database that tied a code to a name ( it can't be tied to a RR number because you don't need to be a member to have received the code or use the code) , but it seems highly unlikely that they would go to that effort.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:04 pm

I see that a number of these 50% off codes have sold on eBay in the $300+ range, with the highest being $499.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by yanxfann
I see that a number of these 50% off codes have sold on eBay in the $300+ range, with the highest being $499.
Wow...I have three to unload.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Wow...I have three to unload.
If you're interested in unloading, I'd be glad to take it off your hands! I heard about the codes from a friend who received (and used) one. I'm trying to book a family trip and would LOVE to get my hands on one.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by MomOfFourInMD
If you're interested in unloading, I'd be glad to take it off your hands! I heard about the codes from a friend who received (and used) one. I'm trying to book a family trip and would LOVE to get my hands on one.
I have one I'm trying to unload! Message me! We can work something out! Rather go to someone here than on eBay!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:16 am

I'm looking for a 50% code if anyone has one to share, thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yanxfann
Are they explicitly transferable? If not, sounds like a good way to lose your account, your points, and potentially your CP.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mykidissmarterthanyou
You created a screen name that basically insults everyone, then you want people to give you free money.

Good luck with that!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mykidissmarterthanyou
Best of luck with that.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Are they explicitly transferable? If not, sounds like a good way to lose your account, your points, and potentially your CP.
The T&C posted at the beginning of this topic don't say they are nontransferable. It says they cannot be bartered or sold. I think that implies you can give them away, like LUV vouchers. It does say you can use it for up to 8 people: That could be a pretty big discount if it applied to all 8.

Reservations can include up to eight people. These Fare Saver codes cannot be replaced. No cash value. Void if sold or bartered.
BTW I never got one although I did get a $200 LUV voucher.

Can someone tell me the email address it was sent from, I want to see if it got misdirected somehow.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
BTW I never got one although I did get a $200 LUV voucher.

Can someone tell me the email address it was sent from, I want to see if it got misdirected somehow.
[email protected]

Same email address as the $200 voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.