737-700 Evolve Blue seat upgrades - Pics!

Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure of the argument here. As far as Evolve is concerned, the general consensus from frequent flyers here, as well as my own opinion, is more important to me than technical measurements. It's a fact that pre-Evolve, the 700s had more legroom than they have now. For Bold Blue, the seat frames aren't changing; the only difference is a possibly slightly thicker bottom seat cushion. While I would like to hope that that is helpful, at least with comfort, I can't imagine it will make a huge difference to the perceived leg room.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
Yeah, I'm not sure of the argument here. As far as Evolve is concerned, the general consensus from frequent flyers here, as well as my own opinion, is more important to me than technical measurements. It's a fact that pre-Evolve, the 700s had more legroom than they have now. For Bold Blue, the seat frames aren't changing; the only difference is a possibly slightly thicker bottom seat cushion. While I would like to hope that that is helpful, at least with comfort, I can't imagine it will make a huge difference to the perceived leg room.
Evolve Blue didn't change legroom...still a bit cramped 31". But the updates still improve comfort some. It's something.

It won't be that long until -800s and -8 make up half the fleet though. Heart seats are a huge improvement for personal space. I choose my routes based on where -800s are flying. Even if Evolve until upgraded to Heart the space is still much better than -700s.

Now the real winner will be the -7 in 2019
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a fact that pre-Evolve, the 700s had more legroom than they have now.
+1
I noticed the reduced space before I had ever heard of the Evolve seat. I remember saying "Hey, these seats are closer together" on OAK-PHX right when they first started introducing them.

Since then, I've done what I never thought I'd do . . . shifted most of my short-haul west coast flying back to UA. Crossing the bay tomorrow in fact to fly UA SFO-PHX . . . .
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Issue I have with the Evolve seats is, at 5'4" I can't see over the seat back in front of me. Along with the greatly reduced personal space, it feels like being locked in a closet.

Haven't ever been a 'scary flyer' in my life, hyperventilating over turbulence, but I can't stand it. Have started driving if the distance is <1500 km.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
I'm 6' tall and the amount of legroom with the Heart seat far exceeds any economy seat I have flown on anywhere in the world. It's not an exaggeration or bias, it's the truth (just like how Evolve Blue seats have new, more comfortable cushions).

See for yourself.

Looks very familiar. This is bow the seats look like on Lufthansa intra European Airbus and Boeing flights. Nothing new but a Recaro slimline.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by danielonn
Looks very familiar. This is bow the seats look like on Lufthansa intra European Airbus and Boeing flights. Nothing new but a Recaro slimline.
I was thinking that myself. I was on a nearly new A320 a few months ago and the seats are nearly identical. Very comfortable though I must say.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by danielonn
Except that the new WN seats are made by B/E aerospace, not recaro - in other words completely different.

And the Recaro slimlines can be made comfortable if the airline wishes (i.e. the blue covers on the United A32X recaro's) or uncomfortable (LX/LH), or in between (grey covers on United's A32X recaro's: these are on their way out - I find them OK but some people complaim).
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I flew intra Europe on LH this summer with the Recaro seats on the A320. They are very different and definitely more "thin"
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
The fact that the seat tracks haven't moved is actually the problem. Take a look at the linked the article. Under seat storage room for the aisle seat is significantly reduced in the new Heart when compared to the Evolve interior. Ostensibly, this is at the benefit of the middle seat storage room, or possibly the window, but that remains unclear.
I just rode on an 800 that had new B/E Aerospace seats with a pet carrier. The carrier which previously fit under most seats on a WN airplane, will now only fit under window seats with new seating.

The aisle seats have a stanchion severely reducing lateral underseat space. Middle seats have flotation equipment under the seat cushion limiting vertical space. Only the window underseat space was sufficient for a size compliant pet carrier. That would eliminate about 112 previously available seat selections.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
I just rode on an 800 that had new B/E Aerospace seats with a pet carrier. The carrier which previously fit under most seats on a WN airplane, will now only fit under window seats with new seating.

The aisle seats have a stanchion severely reducing lateral underseat space. Middle seats have flotation equipment under the seat cushion limiting vertical space. Only the window underseat space was sufficient for a size compliant pet carrier. That would eliminate about 112 previously available seat selections.
But how did the seats sit?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
But how did the seats sit?
Definitely more comfortable than Devolve. Perhaps a little better than pre-Heart 800 seats.

More support under the thighs and pitch is easily one additional inch. Really like the headrests that move vertically as well the sides folding forward. Armrests are very narrow and the seat belts have smaller buckle. Much less space in the seat back pocket.

Reminds me of the new seats that F9 got a few years ago.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Tanic
The problem here is that now even more people will illegally have their pets out of the carrier and on my lap or at my feet.

The situation of dogs on planes has gotten out of control.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.